Disney Marathon

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
Has anyone done the Disney Marathon--should I add the race retreat package and the platinum level cheer squad for my family or is it a waste? I want to be sure they are at all the points to see me during the race and I want the best experience for us all...
thanks!

Replies

• chrissyh
    Options
    Really could use some advice before I spend 100+ per family member....HELP!
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have done this race, but also while I was growing up my parents ran this race. DO NOT get this package. Trust me, your family is just gonna want to sleep while you run. If they do watch, there's a few places they can watch for free. If you have children they will be bored out of their minds waiting to see you run by for like a second. And they won't find it as exciting as you think they will. And they'll be sleepy haha, this race is very early. Save the money and take them to one of the parks instead. They will appreciate that so much more. Go to a nice breakfast at one of the Disney resorts with them after the race! And order some delicious pancakes or waffles and don't feel guilty about it!!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Thank you so much for your response!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Another question...
    Who is familiar with Disney property hotels...thinking about booking one of the value resorts since it's $117 per night not $213 for moderate or $406 for deluxe...have you stayed at any of the All Star Resorts...it's only 1 night...race starts and ends at Epcot..how hard is it to get over there from Animal Kingdom area?
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    They shuttle from all the Disney hotels, so getting to the marathon is not an issue. The All Star resort isn't as nice as the other Disney hotels, but it's not a shack or anything. That's probably your best option for lodging.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Booked Carribean Beach