starvation mode

Options
i'm kinda worried about this
i got a stomach bug/food poisoning Monday morning and since then have basically been having just bread and water, except Wednesday lunch and tea, tea last night and breakfast this morning - but still have been WAAAYYYY under in absolutely everything on those days anyway - so i know i went into starvation mode
i also dropped weight like crazy the first day but have slowly been putting it back on
just wondering what kinda of damage i could and/or possible did in those days, i know i shouldnt because it was out of my control and its best to get better and then start to worry, but i'm feeling fine today without even taking anything yet
thanks guys!

Replies

• obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    i'm kinda worried about this
    i got a stomach bug/food poisoning Monday morning and since then have basically been having just bread and water, except Wednesday lunch and tea, tea last night and breakfast this morning - but still have been WAAAYYYY under in absolutely everything on those days anyway - so i know i went into starvation mode
    i also dropped weight like crazy the first day but have slowly been putting it back on
    just wondering what kinda of damage i could and/or possible did in those days, i know i shouldnt because it was out of my control and its best to get better and then start to worry, but i'm feeling fine today without even taking anything yet
    thanks guys!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should worry about it since it's only been a few days. Plus, your body knows the difference between sick/not eating and simply not eating. And there is a difference!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey Lauren!!

I'm not an expert....but I don't think these occasional things will have a major effect on your metabolism. I mean, I have had a stomach bug here and there...and not eaten much those days but have continued to lose. That week may have been a bit weird but I bounced back pretty fast.

I think it is more being at a severe caloric deficit for a long period of time that is damaging.

I wouldn't worry too much about a few days of being sick. Just take care of yourself and get back on track:smile:

Hope you're feeling better!!!

Hug!
    Tam
  • shorerider
    Options
    And cut back on the peppers at tea :wink:
  • obliged
    Options
    sweet thanks!
    i figured it would be like that but just wanted to make sure but that doesnt mean a girl still doesnt worry:grumble:

you people are so smart :bigsmile:
    :heart:
  • obliged
    Options
    And cut back on the peppers at tea :wink:
    :laugh:
    :noway: never having peppers again:noway:
  • shorerider
    Options
    If you're still sick, have you called the doc?