Christmas Candy

Options
Christmas Candy is KILLING me! All of my friends have given us goodies this year. I appreciate it, I really do. I just wish I had more self control when that kind of stuff is in my house. I guess I'm doing ok considering this New Year's Resolution thing doesn't officially start for a few more weeks. Also, I've lost a pound and a half in 5 days. :blushing: Let's see if I can keep it off until next year when things will be easier.

Lacey

Replies

• debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Christmas Candy is KILLING me! All of my friends have given us goodies this year. I appreciate it, I really do. I just wish I had more self control when that kind of stuff is in my house. I guess I'm doing ok considering this New Year's Resolution thing doesn't officially start for a few more weeks. Also, I've lost a pound and a half in 5 days. :blushing: Let's see if I can keep it off until next year when things will be easier.

Lacey
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of weight in 5 days.

Just throw the candy away. It's not worth it. Don't wait for New Years. Start now, amp it up at New Years.:drinker:
  • SheriKaiser
    Options
    Instead of eating it all now, why don't you freeze some for a special treat over the next few months. This way it doesn't go to waste and you don't feel bad about throwing it away since your friends slaved in the kitchen making it for you!! :-)

Just a suggestion.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I am a candy maker each christmas.
    I do a big candy and cookie day each year at the office. It is my thing and VERY popular. I bring in LOADS of cookies and candies. You name it I will have it on the table Thursday.
    YES there are some that I have lowered the fat and the calories of, But if I tried to give these people healthy cookies or candies on Diann's Christmas Cookie day, they would have a cow!!!!
    (I see the people coming after me with a hang noose and tourches. now.)
    This is my special thing that I do for them every year. It would be like ordering a Wedding cake and getting a bag of carrots. :noway:
    So because I only have a few testers,and they are not close to my kitchen. I test WAY too many of these things for my own good, :frown:
    I am TRYING to counter the effect this year with excersize. :ohwell:
    I am going to be SO happy after Thursday when the cookie/candy party is done, and I can stop baking until next year... Well, other then for Birthdays, and the next biggie for chocolate V-Day.
    But they are not expecting V-Day so I might just let it slip and they will be none the wiser.
    --Diann...
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    While I like the cookies and candies, I find them easier to avoid than the cheese and meats that come in those packages that our clients like to send us. So far, this year, we haven't gotten any at the office. I'm going to be home with my family for the next week and two of those days are filled with making so many cookies and candies that just thinking about eating them makes me ill. I think of the butter, sugar, peanut butter, chocolate...ew. Of course, that wears off after a few days and I end up sampling a few of my favorites anyway. Where has my willpower gone!? I hope it's better this year than it was last year. :)
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    you guys are so good at even trying to get over your temptation of sweets. I can do without everything else except sweets. I have even gained back the 2 pounds that I had lost because I was not exercising and I pretty much ate whatever I wanted..including sweets. I have cough my self and I am back on track...hopefully for good. I would love to get over my candy addiction!!!!!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    you guys are so good at even trying to get over your temptation of sweets. I can do without everything else except sweets. I have even gained back the 2 pounds that I had lost because I was not exercising and I pretty much ate whatever I wanted..including sweets. I have cough my self and I am back on track...hopefully for good. I would love to get over my candy addiction!!!!!

we fall off, we get back on.....
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing well at all right now. My family came up this weekend for a visit and they brought sweets! I try not to bring any sweets in the house because I know I will eat them all! I pigged out big time. I hae to face it all again this weekend. I need strength to resist! I don't know what's wrong with me, but the last 3 days I have been eating everything in sight! Last week I had no appetite, this week I can't stop! Ugh!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    This time of the year is really tough when it comes to the “Holiday Food” and all the “Goodies”.
    In the past people have given us goodies of all kinds and I have given them away. I have also put them in the trash. I don’t consider it a waste I consider it an investment in my health.
    I have found that frozen goodies aren’t too bad and the microwave will help thaw things pretty quick. So for me it is better to not have it in the house.
    Our son was here this past weekend. We went to the store and bought some “goodies” for him and of course I ate some of them too. Now I have to be really good all week. I know that starting this Friday and everyday through Tuesday it is going to be one big “Food Fest” everywhere we go.
    That is five full days of holiday food and eating. People will be trying to send food and goodies home with us. I the past I have told them I would love to but I don’t dare. Most of the time that is all it takes.
    I just have to do my best to not lose my mind and eat like a fool every one of those days ggeesss Wish me luck.