Chicken-Apple Crunch Salad

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member

Inspired by the classic Waldorf salad, this version features chunks of white-meat chicken and sweet-tangy Granny Smith apples. The mayonnaise and sour cream dressing is spiked with lemon juice and cinnamon.

Ingredients
2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1 cup diced Granny Smith apple
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup raisins
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preparation
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture, tossing well to coat.
Yield
4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 207(19% from fat); FAT 4.4g (sat 1.2g,mono 1.2g,poly 1.4g); IRON 1.2mg; CHOLESTEROL 61mg; CALCIUM 32mg; CARBOHYDRATE 18.4g; SODIUM 402mg; PROTEIN 22.4g; FIBER 1.1g

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Inspired by the classic Waldorf salad, this version features chunks of white-meat chicken and sweet-tangy Granny Smith apples. The mayonnaise and sour cream dressing is spiked with lemon juice and cinnamon.

Ingredients
    2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
    1 cup diced Granny Smith apple
    1/2 cup diced celery
    1/4 cup raisins
    2 tablespoons chopped green onions
    1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
    1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preparation
    Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture, tossing well to coat.
    Yield
    4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

Nutritional Information
    CALORIES 207(19% from fat); FAT 4.4g (sat 1.2g,mono 1.2g,poly 1.4g); IRON 1.2mg; CHOLESTEROL 61mg; CALCIUM 32mg; CARBOHYDRATE 18.4g; SODIUM 402mg; PROTEIN 22.4g; FIBER 1.1g
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing that Tam :happy: Sounds yum & simple to make as well..

The green onions with the rest of the combo frighten me a bit...:laugh: but with only 2T. I bet it adds a bit of fun zing so first time I make it I"ll go with the recipe!:wink: