Weight fluctuation

Options
During a week I see my weight fluctuates more than by 2 pounds. Has anyone else encountered that? How can I be sure that I am loosing weight if the difference is so large?

Replies

• Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I see that every week its worse during my TOM, it's natural so don't worry about it. I weigh myself once a week at the same time so i know there has been a weight loss.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've started to notice that after a loss I tend to go back up 1-2 lbs, then by the end of the week I'm back on track lower than before. Just water/digestion processes I think!
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    My weight/water REALLY fluctuates daily. Sometimes almost 5lbs in a day. It makes me crazy!

Thats why I need to weigh once weekly at the same time of day. I can get a true baseline of my weight that way only.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Mariners use charts so they can determine where they are and to help them stay on course so they can get to their destination, right?

Well, why weigh yourself every day and put it on a chart?

I've been here on MFP for 150 days (+/-). I weigh myself every day, take my BP every day, and put my results in a chart. Based on the chart, I can see what progress I've made (psychological boost) and then predict when I'll start or stop losing weight (psychological boost) .

http://cbeinfo.net/weight.htm

I realize that my regular patterns of weight loss might change (I'm pretty certain that my weight loss and recovery phases are getting shorter as I get to a "normal" fat percentage) but I'm not concerned by that. In fact, the rate at which I'm losing weight is increasing as I lose weight.

http://cbeinfo.net/weightlosspercentage.htm

The upward slope of the trendline for each data set tells me that, as I'm losing weight, I'm losing more pounds AND the weight that I'm losing as a percentage of my body weight is increasing, too.

OK, why am I spouting off about my situation instead of yours? 'Cause charting your weight like this is easy AND by charting some basic information (only thing you need to do is enter the date and your weight) it makes it very, very clear how you're doing.
  • streko3a
    streko3a Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ATT949, thanks for you post! Your charts are very interesting! I think it's a great idea to write comments about what's happening like you do, later they can be very helpful. I guess my chart would be completely opposite, with sharp angles pointing down and bumps - up. Good luck to you!
  • streko3a
    streko3a Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Angel1066, foreverloved, HeyLisa, thanks for your replies! Now I now it's not something unnormal. I'll stop worrying about that :)
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    Glad i'm not the only one too! :happy:
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've started to notice that after a loss I tend to go back up 1-2 lbs, then by the end of the week I'm back on track lower than before. Just water/digestion processes I think!

I am pretty much the same way ^^^^^

I do my official weigh in on Friday and over the weekend I tend to eat more than through the week so I do go over sometimes. But, I weigh myself almost every day - first thing in the morning and before bed to see how much I'm fluctuating. It's normally 1-2 lbs and then as long as my next mornings weigh in is the same as the day before I know I'm doing something right. Otherwise I will evaluate what I ate that day and then make some changes and move on. It's really not worth dwelling too much on. Otherwise you'll drive yourself crazy! :smile:
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump