Overeating...not helping the weighloss!!!

Options
cobylea
cobylea Posts: 194 Member
I have been struggling with my FOREVER! I have a problem and I'm pretty sure if I could figure it out I would succeed with my weighloss more then what I have been. Ok I'll admit it I LOVE food! I'm trying my hardest to make sure I'm sticking to healthier options and since being on MFP (consistantly for 2 weeks) I have found counting my calories made me realize how much I was over eating....the only problem is I can't seem to stop sometimes. I do great for a fews days with my portion control and healthy alternatives and then BAM!!! I could eat everything in site and know as I'm putting the food in my mouth that I shouldn't be doing this. Then I end up feeling bloated and yucky for the rest of the day and just plain mad at myself.
I don't over eat because I'm emotional or stressed or anything like that, it's just because I love the taste of the food. I have no idea how to over come it so I can reach my goal weight. Anybody that has any suggestions or finds themselves doing the same please give me some insight. I desperately need the help!! :frown:

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    What I suggest is not lowering your calorie in-take abruptly. Start with lowering it by 200 calories for two weeks. Then minus another 200 calories the following two weeks. Continue to make the adjustments in two week increments until you get to the goal that MFP has set for you. Make adjustments gradually so it gives you & your body time to adapt to the changes.
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You know, I am realizing there are some things I really just can't eat due to the overeating thing. I end up eating ice cream like crazy if I have just one cup. For me, some things must be off limits.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    everything in moderation. .don't ban anything if it makes you binge. . and I agree with the poster who said drop down bit by bit. . if you can't do 200 calories, do it in 50, or 25, whatever helps..
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    What I suggest is not lowering your calorie in-take abruptly. Start with lowering it by 200 calories for two weeks. Then minus another 200 calories the following two weeks. Continue to make the adjustments in two week increments until you get to the goal that MFP has set for you. Make adjustments gradually so it gives you & your body time to adapt to the changes.

GOOD IDEA - GREAT ADVICE!!!!
  • clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options

This seems like a great idea and might be something I try if I keep going over my calories...... thanks.
    And I know you can do it, I get down too but when I see pics like this ladies I get really motivated.... stay strong.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I LOVE food. I've always thought my biggest obstacle is how much I love my own cooking. So, when my weight gets out of control I try to exercise it off, rather than diet it off. I've been a pretty healthy eater ever since I had kids, but I do love a lot stuff that's bad for me so I periodically have to pull myself back in line.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Agree with lowering it little by little and make sure you are drinking water and getting your protein and fiber.

You need to address the overeating and mostly likely it is something in your head, you just may not be aware of it. It is the biggest problem we all have to overcome. I worked with a nutritionist and behavorist during a program at Kaiser. Maybe you have an option with your healthcare to work on nutrition and overeating.

Good Luck, we all believe in you!