Low Calorie Alcohol Drink

Options
kimrich10
kimrich10 Posts: 19 Member
Hey! I like to go out and have a good time on the weekends with my husband and friends. What are some suggestions for low calorie drinks?

Replies

• LG2789
    LG2789 Posts: 20
    Options
    Vodka and diet tonic
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    clear spirits with diet mixers. Bacardi /vodka/gin with tonic or diet cola/lemonade is around 150 calories. Pint of cider has about 250. Steer clear from cocktails (my downfall) - full of sugar syrups, juices and lots of alcohol units.

Bacardi breezers do light options that are sugar free if you can get hold of those.
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I drink Vodka and Water with a lemon or lime.
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    vodka w/soda is one of your best bets! :) it has no syrups, no dyes
    steer clear of juices (unless you're adding a splash) and blended drinks.
    much love,
    your neighborhood bartender
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Rum and diets aren't so bad I don't think. Mikes Hard Lemonade Lite only has 98 calories/bottle. Skinnytaste.com has a recipe for a skinny margarita if you feel like having one at home. One time I went through a phase of just having vodka and water with lime and cherry. It wasn't so bad, but needed LOTS of cherries =)
  • deverez
    deverez Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet tonic

Yes ++a wedge of lime to squeeze in. Very good stuff.

Pretty much any liquor mixed with a diet soda will be O.K.

I read somewhere that every gram of alcohol has 7 calories.
  • mbermudez5
    mbermudez5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Skinnybee Margarita or Chardonay
  • cathyc71
    cathyc71 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I find that liqor (rum, whiskey, vodka, etc.) and diet soda work well, I think it's the fruity mixed drinks that take up a lot of calories.

Good luck and have fun!
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just bought a premixed bottle of light margarita. It has all kinds of ingredients so I'm sure it's not healthy but I am craving margs like crazy so I'll try it. Vodka, selzer water & a fruit wedge (especially grapefruit) is what I usually drink.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I don't drink often, haven't had a drink since my last birthday, but am going to a "girls night this weekend"
    I love the Smirnoff Ice, but I'm sure its loaded.
    I figured I would mix the vodka with fresca, or diet sparkling grapefruit with the same effect.
    Depends on what type of drinks you enjoy.
    Doesn't make sense to find a low cal alcohol drink you won't like. Then you might as well just drink water.
  • kooshajan
    kooshajan Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Im a big fan of smirnoff ice but a regular smirnoff ice has 238 calories in it so I opt for smirnoff ice lite which has 100. If I dont drink that than I go for Motts Caesars spicy at 109 calories per bottle (and I like to think that the spice will give my metabolism a boost as apparently spices do that). Or if I really want to be good I'll have Captain Morgans spiced rum (Its sweeter than most rums and 65 cals per ounce shot) and a diet pop...really good with rootbeer or diet coke.
  • litljoy2001
    litljoy2001 Posts: 79
    Options
    if you like white wine it is only between 114 and 125 calories per 6 oz..... I wont give up my friday night wine so I make sure I have the calories for it every friday!!!!! Also I agree with everyone you need to stay away from fruity drinks and margarita's casue the mixer...I have heard straight tequilla is very low in calories if you like straight liquor
  • kimrich10
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! I deff like any kind of drink.... from beer to wine to shots to mixed drinks which is why I needed advice on what I should go with. I will deffinately need to save calories on the days we are planning for an "adventure"
  • doza13
    doza13 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned wine. A 5oz glass of white wine is around abouts 100 calories. Not too shabby.

I've been contemplating lately bringing powder drink sticks out with me... mix a little sugar free cranberry or blueberry lemonade in with some vodka and tonic. Yummm!
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned wine. A 5oz glass of white wine is around abouts 100 calories. Not too shabby.

I've been contemplating lately bringing powder drink sticks out with me... mix a little sugar free cranberry or blueberry lemonade in with some vodka and tonic. Yummm!

That actually sounds yummy! I'll try to think of that this weekend. I like wine. But I can't just have a glass... I have to drink the whole dang bottle ;)
  • kimrich10
    Options

I saw a girl doing that at the bar once!!! Never put two n two together! Great idea!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I THINK Bloody Marys are fairly low calorie and taste amazing to boot! :)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    And yes, totally agree on the Wine!!!!!
  • NenaM812
    Options
    Im a big fan of smirnoff ice but a regular smirnoff ice has 238 calories in it so I opt for smirnoff ice lite which has 100. If I dont drink that than I go for Motts Caesars spicy at 109 calories per bottle (and I like to think that the spice will give my metabolism a boost as apparently spices do that). Or if I really want to be good I'll have Captain Morgans spiced rum (Its sweeter than most rums and 65 cals per ounce shot) and a diet pop...really good with rootbeer or diet coke.

Oh that's good to know. I LOVE CM Spiced Rum!
  • NenaM812
    Options

I always have hundreds of those things lying around, I don't know why I never thought to mix vodka with them lol!