So what was your uh oh moment?

Options

Replies

• shellypoo7
    shellypoo7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My uh oh moment was putting on some clothes one day and being unable to hide my stomach - normally I can look decent enough in my clothes (and basically hide my pooch), but one day I went through my closest and nothing I chose would disguise my tummy..........that pissed me off! Another one was every skirt above my knee - I hated the fat right above my knees - nothing looked good on me, and I find that I don't wear short skirts anymore because of my thighs and the fat right above my knees! Oh, and don't get me started on the double chin!

That's when I decided, I gotta lose this weight (tummy and all)!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I was eating some popcorn.
    I dropped a kernel, and it landed on my stomach ... and stayed there.
    Figured it was time to get rid of THAT 'shelf.'
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Years ago....I got on the scale and saw I was near the 280 mark.....AHHHHHHHHHH! i Am now in the 230's! 6'0 tall!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    wow, that has to be an eye opener..
    when my mother , who recently lost some weight, gave me some of her old clothes.
  • tracyroso
    tracyroso Posts: 9
    Options
    My 8 year old son asked me how big my underware was.
  • 5kforme
    5kforme Posts: 23
    Options
    Realizing that I only had 2 pair of pants that I could pour myself into - and those were getting tight!
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Being diagnosed with moderately severe depression which I knew was because I've hated myself so much for all the weight I've gained! I refuse anti-depressant meds and am doing what I know I need to do to cure it!
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've had so many "uh oh" moments in the last year. Ranging from seeing myself in pictures to not being able to put on jeans. But I think the worst was this past Easter. I had literally NOTHING to wear to our outside family BBQ because it was all too tight. I had no shorts because I had "grown" out of them all, no cute sun dresses, no cute tops to go with the one pair of jeans I owned that didn't create such an extreme muffin top. I literally had NOTHING. So, I found a pair of old jeans my aunt had given me that were too big for her that were size 10s! I've never been bigger than a size 6! So, I tried them on, and they were too tight!!!!!! Then, I tried on another pair that she had given me (these hand me downs were supposed to go to Goodwill last year and somehow ended up in the back of my closet) and they fit ok...but they were total mommy jeans. I was running out of time and almost didn't even want to go, so I cut them up and turned them into rolled up shorts. They looked ridiculous and may as well have been higher than my belly button. Forget trying to find a cute top to go with these monstrosities, so I had to wear a t-shirt, of course it was too tight, with a bathing suit top underneath so I could make it seem that I planned on getting into the water. I mostly always wear heels, and obviously heels wouldn't go with this hideous outfit...so I wore running shoes. This was my absolute last straw. I was always the one in the cute outfit or dressed somewhat decent. I looked like I should have been gardening or something.

I was so uncomfortable and so miserable and it showed. The next day I signed up for MFP and have been making some changes so I never have to feel the way I felt that day ever again.

*EDIT*: I sound like a total shallow brat going back and reading this story. In short...I guess not having a single thing in my closet that actually fit and having to fashion a pair of shorts out of my aunt's old "fat" jeans would be the gist lol.
  • disappearingact206
    Options
    my uh-oh moment was when me and my fiance were getting ready to fly out of town... note this was the first time that i traveled with him and was embarrassed to ask for a seat belt extention in front of him :( [he has never had a problem with my weight, it's just me being insecure] So we walk up to the kiosk to see if we can get seats next to each other, the lady had the ball to ask if i would fit in the seat!!! that's when i knew this had gone way to far! i really got a good perception of how other people seen me... that's always so oblivious to an overweight person... always thinking that "im not that big... am i?"

60 pounds lighter as of this morning!! wooohooo!!! I can't wait to get on a plane now! :)
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    I began walking/jogging 8 weeks ago.
    And though, hey, this will help those pounds fall off while I'm at it <---- :laugh:
    So I continued to eat cakes and ice creams and... and..

A month went by and I gained 2 pounds.

So I thought well, now this is my SECOND month of exercise and the pounds will really fall off now, <----:noway:
    And I "dieted" a too thinking that would REALLY do it..

Lost 2, gained 2, lost 2 gained 2
    Second month went by.....Net Maintained Weight Loss = Zero
    :sad: :sad: :sad:

Seems this ole gal is going to have to Make Some Real Effort here.

I've only got 19 pounds to lose, but they are My Last 19, so I'm sure they will require some prolonged effort here
    Which is okay. I'm happy to do the work

:happy:
  • 000angie000
    000angie000 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have had soo many. Last summer I went with my hubby and daughters to a theme park... Couldn't fit in the rides.... But the biggest was in Feb a friends mother died. I went to the funeral home to pick up the ashes. When they placed the box in my hands I knew I had to do something or I would be the one in the box. I don't want to be the mother of two young children who ate herself to
    death. I wanna be the success story of the previously 300+lbs woman who got her stuff together and chose life!!
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I was going to a family party and decided to treat myself to a new shirt,so I headed down to the shops and I tried on about 6 different XXXL shirts and they were ALL tight round my belly. So I weighed myself for the first time in 10 years and when the scale nearly reached 25 stones (350 lbs) it scared the living crap outta me. I'm 41 next month and I'm going to be a dad again in September and I'm too young to die.

How the hell did I let it get that bad???
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    Years ago....I got on the scale and saw I was near the 280 mark.....AHHHHHHHHHH! i Am now in the 230's! 6'0 tall!

I had that same exact moment!!! Crazy how it creeps up on you...
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It wasn't really an uh-oh moment as an "I don't want him to be like me" moment. My son is finally fit as a fiddle after so many health issues. Last summer was a gorgeous summer and I think I took him to the park 3 times. My laziness is not only affecting my life, but his. Now we go to the park three days a week...and I run the other 3 :)
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    When I saw the pictures from one of my friend's weddings...

It was a pretty dress and fit me well... but in the pictures I realized just how big I was.

*sigh*
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    My uh oh moment was when I saw a pic of me and my husband. He has always had the Bhudda belly so I always thought he was bigger than me and I was OK. But when I saw the pic, overall I was the bigger one. I was at 181 and he is only 2 inches taller than me. Now I'm at 146 and trying to loose the last 18 with the help of MFP.
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I only had 2 pair of pants that I could pour myself into - and those were getting tight!
    similar, although I was down to two pairs that were really too tight, and one that was getting that way. :(
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    stepping on the scale and weighing as much as I did 9 months pregnant and not being pregnant!
  • texxas_gyrl
    texxas_gyrl Posts: 10
    Options
    The minute I was ironing a pair of jeans that I had worn the week before and couldn't fit them the next week.

SW 197
    CW 192
    GW 147