Shoes?? HELP ME

Options
Hi All!

I have been going to the gym now for about 3 months. I have been so committed the last month i have been going 6 days a week and still going strong. I have a problem though...my sneakers SUCK!! I go on the Elliptical Machine and the AMT for 90 minutes a day and my knees are starting to hurt and it is starting to affect my hips...is there any sneakers anyone recommends?

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    go to a specialty running shoe store and they will properly fit you so that you avoid injury. if you have a budget, just let them know :-)

even as i lost weight the proper shoe for me changed...getting properly fitted is SO important!
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I love Asic. They seem slightly wider than normal and feel very good on my feet. You might want to go to a running store and get a replacement insole (they just pull right out). I got one for ~ $30 and it is great.
  • kraftkm
    kraftkm Posts: 2
    Options
    Try the Reebok Zigs. That is what I recently got and I do Insanity and run a lot. I have not had any problems with my ankles or my knees since buying them either. You can even feel a little extra oomph when you run with them.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Depends on your feet. Flat? Arched?
    Cushioning or stability?
    I went to Sports Authority for help, my local expert running shoe store was so UNHELPFUL so I went to SA.
    The dude was so amazing and helpful. Showed me the difference between all the shoes. I have one flat foot and one arched, so finding shoes was difficult. I bought Asics and love them :)
  • chyleki
    chyleki Posts: 34
    Options
    I don't know of any running stores around here...it is like Foot Locker w/ kids working there or something along those lines. Right now my sneaks have no arch support which i think it a problem but i wasn't a runner or athletic til a few months ago so this is new to me :)
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    go to a specialty running shoe store and they will properly fit you so that you avoid injury. if you have a budget, just let them know :-)

even as i lost weight the proper shoe for me changed...getting properly fitted is SO important!

COMPLETELY agree! You can find the right shoe for your foot shape. Nothing is more important than this. Go to a specialty running store. Take your current shoes. The place I went to video'd me running on the treadmill, checked out the pronation of my feet, measured, etc, etc. Check out runnersworld.com for more about outfitting your feet, pronation, etc.
  • chyleki
    chyleki Posts: 34
    Options

What do you mean running store? I live in the Suburbs we don't have crap here HAHA
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Some place that specializes in running shoes or running, or sports... they usually have machines that or a treadmill where they can look at how you walk and what your gait is etc.

http://www.runnersworld.com/store/search/1,7978,s6-240-417-0-0,00.html
    That may be helpful :)

What do you mean running store? I live in the Suburbs we don't have crap here HAHA
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    I doubt your knee and hip problems have anything to do with your shoes when you are doing the elliptical & AMT machine. It's most likely the circular motion along with the fact that your feet are basically locked into place that's causing stress to your joints. A lot of cyclists have this same problem.