HCG Recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I clicked on this thread just to see the "Thread Nazis" in action as well. LOL!
    So far, I'm wildly disappointed.

Well, you haven't seen me shut down threads like this. But, since I like being a member, getting banned for super trolling just to prove a point isn't a current goal of mine. Feel free to post a graphic picture of urine consumption, and you too, can become a thread Nazi.

Drinking-urine.jpg

w220582380.gif
    successful_troll.jpg
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I clicked on this thread just to see the "Thread Nazis" in action as well. LOL!
    So far, I'm wildly disappointed.

Well, you haven't seen me shut down threads like this. But, since I like being a member, getting banned for super trolling just to prove a point isn't a current goal of mine. Feel free to post a graphic picture of urine consumption, and you too, can become a thread Nazi.

Drinking-urine.jpg

Ew ew ew!
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I never understood why people bash threads like this. I know that 500 calories per day is not recommended, but if you dont want to do it...dont. She had an honest question about recipes and while there have been a few honest responses (I love the one about the shrimp and the franks chicken...I'm completely in love with that stuff), theres been so many more about trolls, or people wanting trolls, or people posting random pictures that then get quoted, making it harder to find the answers that might actually help someone. If you arent here to help someone out, then why bother commenting at all?

on a side note- some of the recipes from http://hcgrecipes.blogspot.com/ sound really yummy, whether you are on the diet or not.
    Im a curry freak so this one sounded really good to me :) And even if you are only allowed 500 calories per day, you can pair it with steamed veggies to keep you full without that many added calories :)
    Curry Shrimp

100g shrimp
    onion - chopped (allowed amount)
    1 t garlic paste (3-4 cloves minced)
    1/8 c water
    1/2 t curry powder
    1/4 t cumin
    salt/black pepper (to taste)

Preheat pan over MED heat.
    Add onion and garlic. Cook until translucent. 5-10 mins.
    Add shrimp, seasonings, and water. Mix & stir fry until cooked through.
    Serve.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of low-sodium, nonfat stocks and broths for vegetables and meat. Tilapia poached in chicken broth with lemon is delicious.

Also, the Walden Farms dressings and marinades are really quite good. I am not a fan of artificial sweeteners in general, but figure the small amount I am eating in these products is offset by all the other good stuff. The creamy dressings leave something to be deisred, but I enjoy the Italian, Balsamic, and Asian.

Last weekend I marinated chicken in the Asian with a little organic temari, rice wine vinegar, and chili garlic paste...then grilled it. I've also tossed cauliflower in the same mixture and roasted it under the broiler. Delicious.

I, too, am amused by the folks who take it upon themselves to lecture on a thread that ISN'T ASKING FOR ADVICE on the HCG diet. They somehow believe that they are better informed or smarter than the rest of us.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    I use a lot of low-sodium, nonfat stocks and broths for vegetables and meat. Tilapia poached in chicken broth with lemon is delicious.

Also, the Walden Farms dressings and marinades are really quite good. I am not a fan of artificial sweeteners in general, but figure the small amount I am eating in these products is offset by all the other good stuff. The creamy dressings leave something to be deisred, but I enjoy the Italian, Balsamic, and Asian.

Last weekend I marinated chicken in the Asian with a little organic temari, rice wine vinegar, and chili garlic paste...then grilled it. I've also tossed cauliflower in the same mixture and roasted it under the broiler. Delicious.

I, too, am amused by the folks who take it upon themselves to lecture on a thread that ISN'T ASKING FOR ADVICE on the HCG diet. They somehow believe that they are better informed or smarter than the rest of us.

um maybe that was at me but hun you cant argue with my results at all...........................enough said
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. I was merely sharing the sentiment of several other posters who freely admitted to joining the thread to see what would get stirred in the pot. I don't see anywhere in my post where I personally referenced you. My results also can't be disputed. We're all allowed to take our journey the way we see fit. It isn't necessary to invade a thread with off topic posts.

um maybe that was at me but hun you cant argue with my results at all...........................enough said
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    Another recipe:

200 grams frozen french cut green beans
    3.5 oz. precooked chicken breast
    16 ounces low fat low sodium chicken broth
    All the herbs and spice you like...I make mine a little garlickly and spicy.

I just put all this together in a food container and heat it for lunch at work. It is filling and satisfying--I used to do a version of it before I was on HCG. The whole thing is around 165 calorie.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. I was merely sharing the sentiment of several other posters who freely admitted to joining the thread to see what would get stirred in the pot. I don't see anywhere in my post where I personally referenced you. My results also can't be disputed. We're all allowed to take our journey the way we see fit. It isn't necessary to invade a thread with off topic posts.

no worries my sweet amanda it more of a personal thing i have a friend who battleing her weight right now and she going for these expensive shots which i know she can barely afford the doctor is a quack he gives out dangerous diet pills and the works and i bite my tongue with her. so if i come off rude (as i try not to) it was more of a personal annoyonce with a friend not the OP, you or any one else so i apology if i came off wrong:flowerforyou:
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    I agree with you...it is sad to see people taken advantage of or see them spend money on something they truly can't afford out of desperation. But don't feel like you have to bite your tongue with your friend...some friends need a hand-slap more than they need a hand-holding when they're doing something silly.

no worries my sweet amanda it more of a personal thing i have a friend who battleing her weight right now and she going for these expensive shots which i know she can barely afford the doctor is a quack he gives out dangerous diet pills and the works and i bite my tongue with her. so if i come off rude (as i try not to) it was more of a personal annoyonce with a friend not the OP, you or any one else so i apology if i came off wrong:flowerforyou: