Curves

Options
Has anyone gone to Curves? Is it worth the money?

Replies

• Zen123
    Options
    Has anyone gone to Curves? Is it worth the money?
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    For me personally it wasn't. It was too much switching and moving, and it never really got hard enough. It's good because it's entry level (and after a while you can work harder and harder) but I need to stick with one thing more than a few minutes and push myself harder than curves could.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    No. It's very routine and boring, they give you basically nothing for the cost of the membership. At pretty much any other gym you can get SO much more for the same cost. It is a little less intimidating because it's all women, but the intimidation only lasts for the first visit.....grab a friend and go to the gym and after that you'll be fine and realize (like me anyway) that everyone at the gym is NOT perfect, oily muscley bodies like on all the commercials. Just regular people working out :happy:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    well I guess everyone has a different opinion, i love curves. I have lost a total of 42lbs going there. i go 3-5 times a week and it is like everything else u get out of it what u put into it. I bypassed another gym in the same plaza that is cheaper because at curves i get more personalized service, it only takes 30 minutes and i am done. The atmosphere at my curves is great. I have made alot of friends there and we meet to do the ciruit about 10 am on most days i like having
    work out buddies and it has worked and is contiuning to work for me. All my weight loss is not reflected on mfp cause i joined the site just last month and i only weight monthly on my dr advice. so i say if ur a busy person without alot of time to work out and u are willing to work the circuit vigorously go for it. For me it has been worth every penny wishing u great success :flowerforyou:
  • 1StepataTime
    Options
    I used to work there and I've been a member. I personally think they overcharge. I also don't like the chatty atmosphere. I wanna go somewhere and work hard. I don't wanna chat with a bunch of women about stuff. It is a good workout if you push yourself. But it's very easy to go there and get caught up in the conversations that are going on around you. I think you can get a better workout and have a bigger variety of workouts at other gyms, but if you're looking for a comfortable place Curves might be right for you right now. But I'm all for losing weight for free at home lol I'm too poor!
  • Zen123
    Options
    Yeah, I am not too excited about the price either but a friend of mine said that it helped her so I thought of trying it out. I'm not much on chit-chat either but I like the 30 minute deal!

Thanks everyone for your advice!!!! Guess I just have to make the desicion.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    My mom's doing it and she seems to like it...