New, and need friends for this (really long) journey...

Options
Hi all! :)

I'm new to the site (tracking calories for about 2 weeks now), and I really need some friends to keep me motivated.

Other than a period in high school when I was horrible anorexic/bulimic, i've always been fat, but getting weighed at the dr a month ago really opened my eyes to just how fat I've gotten, and I've realized I need to do something about it NOW!

I don't know how much weight I've lost so far, because I am waiting to get weighed at the Dr's at the end of the month, but hopefully it's a decent amount, because the most depressing thing about being this heavy is...I could lose a 100lbs, and still be fat!

Anyway, enough of the depressing talk....I would love some friends on here that also have a big chunk of weight to lose....maybe we can keep each other motivated! :)

Replies

• MissMegan3119
    MissMegan3119 Posts: 110
    Options
    You can feel free to friend me :) Welcome, and good luck!
  • nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    HI---FEEL FREE TO ADD ME
  • Shmorg27
    Shmorg27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I understand needed motivators!! Feel free to add me and we can help motivate each other.

Good luck to you!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Welcome, good luck, and feel free to add me.:happy:
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Fee free to add me too.
  • Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.
  • dcbaby9
    dcbaby9 Posts: 14
    Options
    First of all stop calling yourself fat....you're overweight and need to lose weight just like everyone else on this site. I've had a lot of helpful hints and positive reinforcement and I've only been on here for 3 days. Feel free to add me! Good luck and I'm sure you're gonna do great!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Welcome, and glad to meet you! Friend request sent.
  • nikkirosem
    nikkirosem Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I will add you. Welcome to the club!
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, but I dont log in very often, I have a busy lifestyle and I think I got food under control this is my second year with this website. I have lost weight but it has been a long slooooow process.
  • finley360
    finley360 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have a long road too - let's kick-*kitten* together!
  • Operachk19
    Operachk19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me too - I also came to the realization that I needed to make a change in my life when going to the doctors office. It's amazing how far you can without going on a scale, then seeing that number jars you into reality. Best of luck with your journey!
  • ivyann73deleted
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me also.
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Welcome, GL to you!
  • sparrow747
    sparrow747 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'll add you!
  • milahoni
    milahoni Posts: 4
    Options
    You can befriend me. Goodluck!:smile:
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have had the app for a while, but I am just starting to use it and the website seriously yesterday! Add me, I have no friends on here.
  • nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    I have had the app for a while, but I am just starting to use it and the website seriously yesterday! Add me, I have no friends on here.

I WILL BE YOUR FRIEND---ADD ME. :happy:
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ... because the most depressing thing about being this heavy is...I could lose a 100lbs, and still be fat!

Well, I could lose 100 lbs and still not be half way to goal weight, so yeah, I can relate to that statement very well, which is precisely why I try not to look at the 'big' picture, just at the little pieces. Those are doable, in a period of time that doesn't sound overwhelming to me. And with them I can recognise successes a whole lot faster.

So, hello and welcome.
    MFP is a great place to be.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hello! Add me if you'd like. We need all the support we can get!