Home from Gustav....Finally!

Options
I've been out of touch for awhile but now we are back home. Power was out for a few days but thankfully it's back on now. We were very fortunate not to have much damage at all. Only a few shingles and limbs down. Some friends of mine didn't fare so well and have extensive damage to their home and are staying with us for the moment. To all of those who had damage in the storm..my heart goes out to you and good luck with your recovery.
On a lighter note I was worried about sticking to my fitness regime while evacuating but I found that no electricity = a 5 lb weight loss in a week :laugh: Funny thing was I didn't even try to count calories and munched a lot especially when the person I was staying with lost power when the storm hit Alexandria.

Hope everyone is okay and safe. Take care! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cnolovechild
    Options
    I've been out of touch for awhile but now we are back home. Power was out for a few days but thankfully it's back on now. We were very fortunate not to have much damage at all. Only a few shingles and limbs down. Some friends of mine didn't fare so well and have extensive damage to their home and are staying with us for the moment. To all of those who had damage in the storm..my heart goes out to you and good luck with your recovery.
    On a lighter note I was worried about sticking to my fitness regime while evacuating but I found that no electricity = a 5 lb weight loss in a week :laugh: Funny thing was I didn't even try to count calories and munched a lot especially when the person I was staying with lost power when the storm hit Alexandria.

Hope everyone is okay and safe. Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Welcome back and I'm happy that things fared well for you. We're facing Hanna and a couple of others headed into the outer banks and up toward Virginia. We need the rain but it's the damaging winds that concern me because I've already lost massive maples and oaks on a section of acreage here from previous blows and I don't want to lose more.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    glad your safe and sound. we are getting hannah today/tomorrow. ike is my concern. why do we live in the areas for these storms. because we love it. well off to pick up the stuff outside that can fly away and tie the swing to the tree.

chipper
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Glad your OK. It was scary watching that big red ball move towards that area.

Now if Ike would just move it on over:grumble:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Very happy to hear you are home safe and sound! That is the most important thing.

Take care!!! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear you are back, safe and sound, and with minimal damage AND weight loss!

HAPPY FRIDAY TOO!! :bigsmile:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Ohmigosh Brandy I've missed you so much! I was hoping you were out of touch because you were hiding out somewhere safe from the storm...glad to hear you are all okay...and congrats on the weight loss! Maybe I need to have my electricity turned off for a few weeks to kick up mine :tongue: Welcome back, friend!
  • cnolovechild
    Options
    Thanks everyone...still watching Ike and hoping for no mandatory evacuations...grrrrr..hurricanes suck! LOL

Been really busy helping friends who had bad damage get stuff out of the house and cleanup...as soon as things slow down here hopefully I'll be back regularly again! I miss everyone!!!!! :flowerforyou: