eye contact

Options
2»

Replies

• suzukigurl
    suzukigurl Posts: 90
    Options
    I smile and say hi, how are you today..........Where I'm from people tend not to talk to each other walking down the street they seem to want to get where they are going and that's it. When I say hi and ask them how they are, they always seem shocked at first but then they smile and that gives me a good feeling knowing I could make that person smile and may have made their day better even if it was only for that one minute :flowerforyou:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I would say hi, and might stop and talk.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I would say hi and smile
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'd smile and at least say hi / good morning / etc
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    hey I am from TX-- gonna eye ball 'em wave say howdy and probably give 'em a big ole hug after we stopped and chatted for a few.

Love it! I'm from Alabama, so I'd do the same. :)

im in bama too but no hugging here lol. id speak though
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    in my neighborhood we only say hi if we know each other, around the city no hi's.... yeah tis sad it was different when i was younger
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    hey I am from TX-- gonna eye ball 'em wave say howdy and probably give 'em a big ole hug after we stopped and chatted for a few.

Fellow Texan here! Gotta give a wave and or a nod and a hello or hi there. And if driving, give a one handed wave from the steering wheel.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I always say hello, good morning or good afternoon along with a smile.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    My neighborhood, people get one of 3 reactions:

1) Do they have a dog? If no, eye contact and smile (if walking) or "Hi" (if running)

2) Do they have a dog? If yes, eye contact and move to opposite side of street and a polite reminder for them to keep a good grip on their pup

3) Are they running too? If both running, eye contact and "hi" or nod if I'm in respiratory distress
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Penguin-CharactersPenguinsofMadagascar.jpg
    Smile and wave boys, just smile and wave...
  • cmallen1010
    cmallen1010 Posts: 23
    Options
    I smile and/or wave!
  • jmassardo
    jmassardo Posts: 84
    Options
    I normally say Hi and ask how their day is going
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    it depends where I am. If I walk one direction, I would say hi to most of the people, they are older, wealthy, sweet and generally walking their dogs or kids. If I walk the other direction I don't say anything, avoid eye contact and look at the ground. It turns into ghetto, there are gunshots, there is a child rapist at the end of my street and constantly someone digging through the trash at the carwash looking for who knows what. There are loud fights and screaming matches all the time. I avoid that side. Its funny how they are within two blocks of eachother and such extremes.