Finally got enough self motivation!

cissy84
cissy84 Posts: 18
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site as of today :smile: I'm a 26 year old mother of 2 that just wants to lose up to 25 pounds. Even if I can't lose the 25, I just want to get active and feel better. I also want to look better than I have. I woke up last Friday and the first thing that popped into my head was "That's it! I can't do this anymore.... I'm getting active.... NOW!" and immediately hopped on my elliptical machine. I used to work out 6 days a week at a local gym and I had forgotten how wonderful I felt after a workout! It felt so good to get active again that I've been just going! The past week, I've worked on my elliptical machine 5 mornings, and sometimes I throw in another workout in the evening, like biking or the 30 day shred. I've burned over 2000 calories in just this last week, after doing no kind of exercise for the longest time.

I am completely amazed with myself that I went from a completely inactive lifestyle to just up and going! I'm looking forward to my journey and am actually really excited about how wonderful it will be to finally get to where I have only dreamed of getting to! I'm looking forward to the support and hope of offer some support and motivation in the meantime! :happy:

Thanks!

Replies

• Welcome and good luck!
  • Vaus2000
    Vaus2000 Posts: 16 Member
    Good for you! You've found the best site for support and the food tracker is the absolute best. Sounds like you had good muscle memory to pick back up so fast, keep it up. I find that the best goal is to treat it like a marathon, not a sprint....just keep working and you will get there.
  • cissy84
    cissy84 Posts: 18
    Thank you for your welcomes :happy:

I'm looking forward to being about to post in the success stories part of the forum :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.