Stuck at 12 lb loss for 2 weeks

Options
Any suggestions? I lost 12 lbs since starting in February but now I am stuck. No more weight loss. I exercise every day and have increased the time but still, no loss. Any help is greatly appreciated. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sbennett1031
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough or try cutting out more carbs and starchy veggies. It's worth a try and has worked for me.:smile:
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    try to increase your intensity in your workout instead of your time. maybe add some circuit? maybe change the exercise all together? do something different with your exercise or maybe increase your calorie intake for a day or 2. I don't know...just suggestions :) although, I have heard lots on the intensity of your workout!
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am in your same situation. I lost 17 pounds from Feb-April and have not lost ANY in May. In fact, I gained a pound. I don't know if you are working out. But what I have been told is to switch up my exercise routine. Over time your body gets used to the same exercises and the weight does not come off as quickly. This week I did a completely different workout, and more strength training. I'm also making small changes to my diet. I find that my net amount is too low when I exercise so I'm trying to eat more throughout the day. And I'm being more cautious with my carb and sugar intake.. I will weight in soon, so hopefully what I am doing is working. Best of luck to you!
  • ThosePeskyMoomins
    Options
    I'm sort of in the same boat. I started at 157lb and lost it pretty quickly, but now I'm stuck around the 140lb and it's coming off a lot slower (however, I have lapsed slightly in my exercise and diet).

I know that losing the initial weight is often the easiest part and it does get a lot harder, but sticking at it SHOULD yield good results - it will be slower, but it should happen.

Hitting a plateau is always the most annoying part of weightloss, but you can get past it.

What's your current daily calorie intake, if you don't mind me asking?

:)
  • chustzs
    chustzs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please don't worry about weight loss right now, continue to do all of the right things & your weight will continue to once again fall off. It seems as though you've hit a wall...not to worry - you are not unique. It is quite common; so with that said, watch your calories & not your scale. Keep up the good work!!!!
  • CakeLady315
    Options
    My calorie intake is 1400. I try to stay close but some days I go under.
  • johnHouTX
    johnHouTX Posts: 6
    Options
    I have gone low-carb and to make sure I get the nutrition needed I take two scoops of Green Vibrance super food each day. I get it on Amazon.com. I also buy low carb products from netrition.com. I was stuck too. After going low carb I have lost 20 pounds in a month. I am 76 pounds over weight. I dropped 15 just counting calories then took the step to low carb and things have just taken off. Best results is to find a few meals and then just rotate them out. I make green beans cooked in butter, onion and diced ham. So good and very low carb. Lots of chicken, turkey and pork loin. Chicken in a butter tarragon sauce.