Eating and exercising on alternate days

allybtucker
allybtucker Posts: 91
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
The days that I exercise (4 days a week) my appetite seems suppressed. Will I lose as much weight if I eat my exercise calories on the days I don't exercise, and eat my non-exercise quota on exercise days? Over a week, I'd actually net fewer calories since I'd be eating 1300 4 days and 1700 3 days instead of vice versa. Anyone here tried this?

Replies

• AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Thats a great question! Ill be watching to see the answers, I feel similarly:)
  • greenejj
    greenejj Posts: 1
    This is a great question and I hope someone answers it. Same with me but not hungry on days I exercise and starving on days I don't. Great Post!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Sorry, I don't have an answer either... But really looking forward to hearing some responses!
  • allybtucker
    bump
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    glad i'm not the only one! i didn't workout this morning and i am already hungry, even though i ate breakfast!
  • olo567
    olo567 Posts: 50 Member
    It seems like a slightly more extreme version of zig-zagging calories, which many people do and have had success with. If you really can sustain that, it could work for you.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    I think you'll get conflicting answers on this one, some people will say it's the weekly total that matters, some the day, some say eat when you're hungry, if that's the next day then whatever. It depends on what works for YOU.
  • allybtucker
    I've been dieting for 5 weeks and have lost 13 lbs. I think I'll try the alternate day routine for a while and see what happens. I'll just have to be careful to not give in and eat the extra calories every day!
This discussion has been closed.