What do you eat for dinner when you don't have many cals lef

Options
Seajolly
Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
I'm just curious, because I often find myself near the end of the day with few calories left (usually around 300-350) but I'm still quite hungry and haven't had dinner yet. So what do you eat to keep you satisfied and within your calories for the day?

Replies

• allybtucker
    allybtucker Posts: 91
    Options
    Spaghetti squash!! You can eat prodigious amounts with few calories. 2 cups is like, 85 calories. Oh, and a 40 calorie sugar free Fudgecicle :tongue:
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Eggs and cabbage! Great combo! I eat eggs for everything! They is tasty to me!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    a salad with as many veggies as you want a low fat dressing and some sort of protein-shrimp is super low cal,or you can opt for chicken.

a piece of fish ,mixed veggies (frozen or steamed fresh),and a sweet potato

a vegetarian pita pizza
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Lean fish, steamed veggies, sweet potatoes, more veggies, a salad... :-D
  • jbconnelly
    jbconnelly Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    chicken and broccoli
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Can of soup, or a salad, or burger (no bun), or a piece of chicken and a few veggies.
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Soup is great - it fills you up and not too many calories. Put in lots of veggies and watch the salt content!
  • sarahgh
    sarahgh Posts: 10
    Options
    A HUGE salad. I put in lettuce, cukes, onions and tomatos, a teeny bit of cheese for decadence(blue), a little dried fruit for sweetness (craisins), and a few nuts for protein (slivered raw almonds). I also add some nf cottage cheese to creamy up the plain vinegar I put on as a dressing, but that's just me.
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    6 oz of fish or chicken and a big pile of sliced cucumbers and tomatoes. And a very large glass of water.
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    great question! and great ideas......here's just another reason I LOVE this site!!

eggs, yes!! cabbage and shrimp and squash, wow! great reminders....
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Shakeology - Chocolate...yummy meal replacement ...150 cal with water or 300 cal with milk
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    gortons grilled tilapia 80 calories & 1-2 cups of steamed frozen veggies which is usually between 20-80 calories
    all total its 100-160 calories & VERY filling!!
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Oatmeal-- low calories, filling, and warm so it feels like dinner
  • maximummags
    Options
    I will have a bowl greens with a big berry of some kind. I take a blackberry with each fork full of greens and feast. a big bowl is arround 150 to 200 cals but all good cals( the fat burning kind, even if had in the evening.)
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious, because I often find myself near the end of the day with few calories left (usually around 300-350) but I'm still quite hungry and haven't had dinner yet. So what do you eat to keep you satisfied and within your calories for the day?

This evening, my dinner was about 250-300 calories. I made a "stir fry" with boneless/skinless chicken and lots of non-starchy veggies. So filling!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Fish with half a cup of rice and veggies or stirfry!
  • kristimartiny
    Options
    Eggbeaters, 1/2 cup is 60 calories, All the onion,a little smart balance spread, red/yellow peppers, mushrooms you can eat :) Very low calories and quite tasty!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, diced and sautee'd mixed in with frozen stir fry veggies over brown rice... just had this tonight actually.

More ideas - http://healthydoesntmeanboring.blogspot.com/search/label/Main Dish under 300
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I usually love having a veggie egg white omlette with a piece of toast at night. It isn't too heavy and the calorie count is low. If i need to volume then i go for a salad with tons of veggies on it and lemon juice for dressing
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Stir fry veggies with chicken or pork and only a little bit of rice.
    But, I try to plan out my meals for the day so they account for a decent dinner. I enter my breakfast, lunch, dinner first then add snacks to fill in the calorie gaps.