My Butt Hurts

Options
spackham
spackham Posts: 252 Member
I worked extra hard in my strength training class on the butt muscle exercises, harder than usual, and now my butt hurts, BAD! I am in my first ever 5k race on Sat. I've had a massage, been in a jacuzzi, stretched a ton, and have even been rubbing my butt once in a while. What will help it heal the quickest?

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    My guess is by the weekend you'll be fine... Take some tylenol. Relax and if it's not better by the race it'll be more sore after :)
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    Ha!! Not laughing at you. Just celebrating your butt-hurtness with you. I worked out my legs last Friday and I was so sore I couldn't sit on the toilet without cryin out. I still have a slight soreness today and it's thursday.

I don't think anything helps. I have tried everything you have. Just try to love it. That's what I do =)
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I love feeling soreness all over my body. I laugh at myself struggling to get up or sitting down in a chair while experiencing pain. =)
  • Gettingreadyforsummer
    Options
    What workouts did you do on your butt? i want my butt to be more firm!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    only time will heal, a rule of thumb for me is 3 days to fix a sore muscle and the older I get it takes a bit longer sometimes