RECUDED CALORIES

Options
Is it bad to do a reduced calorie diet for a short period of time eating mostly just small protein meals?

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Is it bad to do a reduced calorie diet for a short period of time eating mostly just small protein meals?
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    It depend what you mean by "reduced calories". You should keep up about 1200 calories to keep your body out of starvation mode.

Also, be careful about an all-protein diet. Protein helps build muscle, but consuming it without plenty of fiber, water, vitamins, and minerals can put you at risk for kidney stones - ouch!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above statement. It all depends on what you mean by reduced calorie. Definitely try to keep your calorie intake to at LEAST 1200.

Honestly though, I think you are better off doing something that is less severe and in turn will be something you can keep up. I mean, anything that is SO restrictive is just not easy to keep up. I have done it all, so trust me!! :wink:

If you lower your calories enough but not too much and exercise, you should find yourself losing pretty steadily!

Just my opinion!!! :)