Where are all the coffee lovers?

Options
Hey Guys,

This isn't a moaney post like I usually post or asking for help post, this is simply a social post from me (For once lol!)

Who out here is a big coffee drinker? I know for one I am, I have an espresso machine at home, so I'm constantly drinking coffee when I'm not in my favorite coffee house here in Cork, Ireland (MoJoes Coffee House!).

Love having the MoJoes special from here, (Flat White with an Extra Shot!) also Love having my skinny lattes and skinny cappuccinos, sometimes an Americano with a dash of low fat or fat free milk!

I've been wanting to experiment with different coffees and stuff but usually end up getting the same thing, and don't know what else would be a healthy alternative to try, I'm tempted to try a Chai Latte or White Mocha (never had one of these) but I'm not sure lol!

We only have one starbucks here in Cork, which is at the airport so parking is a nightmare and its not worth the three euro parking for ten minutes of starbucks, and the security guys will have the car clamped if put in the set down area unless you have someone sitting in it for you!

Also, I notice quite a lot of people mention they have coffee with "Creamer", I dont quite understand what this is, we dont have this in Ireland (Not that I dont think anyway, unless this is just whipped cream) we normally just use Whole, Semi-Skimmed or Skim (Non-Fat) Milk.

Patrick
:)

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. Specifically anything from Green Mountain Coffee (http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com)!

Creamer is usually a dairy based product (with a bunch of other ingredients) and flavors added. Some people may use it in reference to milk or half and half as well.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Creamer is cream, but it is usually about 10% fat. It isn't thick. You don't have it there. I looked. AND looked.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. Specifically anything from Green Mountain Coffee (http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com)!

Creamer is usually a dairy based product (with a bunch of other ingredients) and flavors added. Some people may use it in reference to milk or half and half as well.

They don't have half and half. :(
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I am a big coffee drinker since I work night shift-I drink 4-5 cups in 24 hr period-I like flavored kind coffees-chocolate or hazelnut are my fav
  • bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options
    I love coffee! I am cheap though...so I usually have my coffee at home. Pretty boring, I know. I like a little bit of sugar and some milk. I doo love some flavors of creamer though. :) Also, I'm glad somebody else explained it because I suck at defining!
  • biggerpix
    biggerpix Posts: 96
    Options
    I can't give up my coffee. Just fresh simple coffee out of the coffee maker. I'd love a big french vanilla cappacino right now though.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I agree--Green Mountain coffee is AMAZING. If you can get that I would. Peet's is also yummy.

I like pumpkin spice, southern pecan, nantucket blend....but my FAVORITE is dark magic!!!!!!!!! add 1 sugar in the raw and you have PURE HEAVEN. yum yum yum yum!!!!!
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    I've been wanting to experiment with different coffees and stuff but usually end up getting the same thing, and don't know what else would be a healthy alternative to try, I'm tempted to try a Chai Latte or White Mocha (never had one of these) but I'm not sure lol!

As an employee of Starbucks, I have to say that Chai Lattes and White Mochas are far from healthy. 1 pump of chai = 25 calories (5 pumps for a venti, plus milk) 1 pump of white mocha = 60 calories (almost all fat). They're highly unhealthy. Go for skim cappuccinos with sugar free syrup or a nonfat misto.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my coffee!!! I have a french press that I use on a daily basis and I put in some cream - I think they call it 'white coffee' in Europe - and use some stevia drops. French press lets all of the natural oils of the coffee bean into the coffee so it's stronger than the average cup.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    The Chai Latte may not be very healthy, but it's sooooooooo good. I especially like them during the Thanksgiving/Christmas Holidays.

If anyone is ever in Dallas TX, you MUST go to a "Pearl Cup" and order the 'Signature Pearl Cup Latte'. OMG - it's amazing. Best latte I have ever had and I've done a good bit of traveling. It's a secret recipe, so I can't figure out how many calories are in it and they don't post nutritional info yet, still too small I suppose. I actually day dream about this latte!
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I LOVE COFFEE!!!

(hence the name)

if you cut me i would bleed caffeine i drink at least a pot a day and if its cold outside make that two, since joing mfp i knew i would not give it up and nor do i try to, i get in my 8 cups of water daily and its getting easier day by day in the morining i drink a 32 oz of lemon water and then after lunch i start in or my second 32 oz of lemon water so thats my 8 for the day.

now for the remainder of my day im drinking coffee,seriously i love it, if you put a pizza in front of me or any food for that matter and a pot of coffee and ask me to choose, im going for the pot of coffee my fav flav is ,how did you know, hazelnut, then southern pecan, followed by caramel, intl delite has been sent by the gods and i love it.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    :happy: COFFEE FANATIC HERE!! :happy:

I have coffee every morning. I alternate between Starbucks breakfast blend and Foldgers breakfast blend. I don't go to the starbuck's store, I buy the 1lb bag in the grocery store and make it at home. I use CoffeeMate Creamer. I usually get the French Vanilla or the Creamy Chocolate. I also use real sugar. This is the one thing that I don't want to change. I enjoy my morning coffee and it starts my day off right!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee -- got hooked on the stuff when I worked for a coffee company!

My favorites are Dunkin Donuts Hazelnut coffee, and Kona. I also like Jamacian Blue Mountain, but that a little too pricey. I also have a Senseo machine at home -- YUM!

And I like my coffee black.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I love coffee too, specially Kona and Hawaiian Chocolate Macademia, my husband gets is directly from Oahu. Just black never milk or cream in my coffee, with a splenda (don't like stevia).

I also love a good italian "expresso." Oh yeah!

PS: Sorry don't like Starbucks at all :ohwell:
  • ohhbee2012
    ohhbee2012 Posts: 17
    Options
    Coffeeeee gets me through! Some amazing Diet-friendly options:
    Dunkin Donuts med. Hazelnut with Skim and Splenda (40 Cals)
    Dunkin Donuts med. Blueberry black (10 or 15?)
    Starbucks grande Caffe Americano with splenda (15)
    <3
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    I love coffee!!! I work at a Barnes & Noble cafe (Starbucks coffee) a few shifts a week, and getting my coffee half off has led to a lot more coffee consumption. I usually opt for soy milk in my drinks, and my favorites are hazelnut lattes or caramel macchiatos!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,184 Member
    Options
    Here!!:drinker: I have completely corrupted my boyfriend, he is now also a coffee snob. He won't touch Folgers or Maxwell House anymore. I like the dark roasts, and use them at home in the esspreso machine too. The only coffee I buy at the store is the 8-Oclock Columbian, that is only when I run out of the coffee beans that get delivered to the house. Once you have a REALLY GOOD cup of coffee you won't want to go to Starbucks again.
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    Coffee lover here as well. I like tea but I adore the taste of good coffee.

A few Lents ago I gave it up and now when I drink it at home I used half decaffeinated. I like the 8 O'Clock beans.

Sometimes I will wait all day to have my "morning" cup with a little cream and milk, because to me, sitting down with a cup of coffee means a moment of relaxation on the couch or out on the deck. I don't like to slurp it down! The ultimate hour of sloth for me is watching "Days of our Lives" at 1 pm and drinking fresh hot coffee and eating Triscuits with melted cheese and cracked pepper. It happens about once a month if I'm lucky!
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I worked at Starbucks for 6 years. I can tell you pretty much anything about coffee haha! If you are trying to keep your calories down I would NOT suggest white chocolate mocha. It has about the most sugar of any options you can choose. Chai is actually a tea that is spiced. The spices remind me a little bit of pumpkin pie. I really enjoy it, however it also has plenty of sugar. If you feel like doing ice coffee, it's pretty easy to make...and with the endless variety of sugar-free syrups and skim milk it can be any flavor! Depending on your preferences you can choose espresso con panna (one shot of espresso topped with whipped cream)...it's very small because it is not diluted with milk or water, however very tasty. You can try adding soymilk as a variety to regular milk (certainly changes the flavor and they also come in variety of flavors....chocolate, vanilla, mocha). I absolutely LOVE coffee and my favorites change all the time, but currently my drink is iced coffee, vanilla soymilk, sugar-free vanilla syrup lots of ice!
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    I'm a Nespresso girl her. Dig the black, purple and green lungo capsules.. Two capsules made like doubles (lungo) are like a good homemade Americano!

... espresso black and Americano or dark roast with skim and splenda.

Also prefer Starbucks for coffee on the outside. I prefer darker roasts. Dunkin and Wawa are adequate but not what I'd call fulfilling.