PURPLE TEAM 09/05/2008

Options
I hope you all don't mind my starting a thread...

I just want to touch base with you all before the weekend. We won the challenge this week, we can repeat that performance.

We can't do it without YOU!

My mom's friend had a magnet that I always remember when I want to eat something good...

"A moment on the lips, forever on the hips"

What sayings come to mind when you want to eat something bad???

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL! EXERCISE!

Replies

• tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options

I just want to touch base with you all before the weekend. We won the challenge this week, we can repeat that performance.

My mom's friend had a magnet that I always remember when I want to eat something good...

• Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    An interview with Beyonce comes to mind....(I'll be paraphrasing, BTW....lol)

She said that she would look at a cookie or a treat and knew that if she ate it, she'd be adding that many more crunches the next day. It kept her for reaching for the cookie!:laugh:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    HEY HEY!!! GO PURPLE!!
    I usually try to tell myself that I do not NEED to eat *certain bad item* today.....but that I could eat it maybe another day once I reach my goal! It's better then telling myself I cant have it all all.....because my mind is like a child's mind....if I tell myself I can't have something than all I want is that BAD FOOD hahaha......
    ANYHOW
    SO FAR SO GOOD STILL loosing!!!
    Have a great weekend PURPLE!!!:bigsmile:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options

She said that she would look at a cookie or a treat and knew that if she ate it, she'd be adding that many more crunches the next day. It kept her for reaching for the cookie!:laugh:
    That's a really good one!!! That is what I tell myself when I go to the gym......that I have to work out HARD for all the BAD food and NO exercise from past years :glasses:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

I had a boyfriend (my first love :smooched: ), who wrote in a letter to me "Once passed the lips, forever on the hips". Word for word, I have never forgotten that. Little did he know at the time, that was one of the reasons I decided to kick him to the curb. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it, but it really hurt me. I was only 100lbs. wet, when he wrote it! I was also 17yrs. old and felt like he implied that I was getting fat. :indifferent:
  • Fab140
    Options

I had a boyfriend (my first love :smooched: ), who wrote in a letter to me "Once passed the lips, forever on the hips". Word for word, I have never forgotten that. Little did he know at the time, that was one of the reasons I decided to kick him to the curb. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it, but it really hurt me. I was only 100lbs. wet, when he wrote it! I was also 17yrs. old and felt like he implied that I was getting fat. :indifferent:

Goodness!! I would have kicked him off the Golden Gate Bridge!

My hubby, the smart man he is, will not imply ever that I'm over weight. I'll make sure of that :wink: :laugh:
  • Fab140
    Options

That's a really good one!!! That is what I tell myself when I go to the gym......that I have to work out HARD for all the BAD food and NO exercise from past years :glasses:

:laugh:
    It gets me out of bed and into the gym, that's for sure!! Even when I'm burnt out and my muscles are tired, I know that I have to push forward and get moving!
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options

I wonder if your boyfriend just thought it was a romantic saying and was thinking of your hips and lips :laugh:

If not, what a jerk!
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    For every junk I eat, say biscuits for example, I try to match the calories to a workout regime (i work out at least 4 times a week). So the saying "if you can't do the time don't do the crime" works wonders for me! By the time I spend 30 minutes on a treadmil just trying to burn that one biscuit I popped into my mouth in seconds.....
  • OomarianneoO
    Options

I wonder if your boyfriend just thought it was a romantic saying and was thinking of your hips and lips :laugh:

If not, what a jerk!

It's all good. I've seen pics of him online recently and he looks really icky I mean not nearly the hottie he used to be and found out he hasn't been able to keep a relationship with anyone. Made me feel better. Does that make me evil?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

If not, what a jerk!

I was wondering the same thing...cause at 17 what guy says something like THAT about weight...ah, yes unless of course he's a jerk. lol Maybe he saw the magnet on his Mom's fridge and thought it meant something else! besides chill on the eating:laugh:

Either way... :wink: Our brain seems to recall things like that for years after....
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

If not, what a jerk!

It's all good. I've seen pics of him online recently and he looks really icky I mean not nearly the hottie he used to be and found out he hasn't been able to keep a relationship with anyone. Made me feel better. Does that make me evil?

Nope!! :happy: Well if he kept using lines like that one....makes sense he's not so great in the relationship dept. :grumble:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    :laugh: That's probably why!

My day today has been somewhat relaxing, I didn't have to go to work today, so I'm keeping it slow. I plan on working out this evening. Hope everyone's day is going good! :wink:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    ...What sayings come to mind when you want to eat something bad???...

Recently, someone posted about how funny it is that we moms sometimes put our needs to the side for our kids (or something along those lines, don't remember who it was) and forget about taking care of ourselves.

Well, since I read that I've been a split-personality, talking to myself as if I were one of my own kids. Like would I let my son eat that whole cake (even though they are giving you that sad-puppy look with the pouty lip)? Well, of course not. We all want what's best for our kids, right? I want what's best for ME too. So I'll think to myself I don't want to go to the gym to day and I'll say (and out loud) "I know you don't want to go, but I promise you'll feel better if you do" or I'll think "Why can't I have four or five pieces of those snack size candy bars like everyone else in the office?" Then I'll say "because I love you and I want you to be healthy and strong"

Oh gosh. I know that sounds so silly. Sounds even sillier now that I'm writing it down. But that's what I've been doing and it's actually kept me to out of trouble all this week.
  • reet34
    Options
    Hi Fellow purple team,

I must be living under a rock but I have only just read that we won the challenge this week

WHOO HOO!! that is fantastic. congrats to us all.

My good news is is my Boyfriend / Husband is now getting up with me every morning to run with me, and this morning I made him be my personal coach doing strairs and sprints etc Ha Ha its all good as long as he doesn't expect me to talk to him at the same time:smile:

GO Purple!

Questions I wonder if I can watch the current US season of Biggest Loser via the internet?? any ideas that way I can join in the fun ... any ideas
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Try .... www.nbc.com then search for the Biggest Loser show, they have 2 minute videos, I'm not sure if they have the full shows though....sry

That is cool that your partner is joining you....Yay for him! :flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    ...What sayings come to mind when you want to eat something bad???...

Recently, someone posted about how funny it is that we moms sometimes put our needs to the side for our kids (or something along those lines, don't remember who it was) and forget about taking care of ourselves.

Well, since I read that I've been a split-personality, talking to myself as if I were one of my own kids. Like would I let my son eat that whole cake (even though they are giving you that sad-puppy look with the pouty lip)? Well, of course not. We all want what's best for our kids, right? I want what's best for ME too. So I'll think to myself I don't want to go to the gym to day and I'll say (and out loud) "I know you don't want to go, but I promise you'll feel better if you do" or I'll think "Why can't I have four or five pieces of those snack size candy bars like everyone else in the office?" Then I'll say "because I love you and I want you to be healthy and strong"

Oh gosh. I know that sounds so silly. Sounds even sillier now that I'm writing it down. But that's what I've been doing and it's actually kept me to out of trouble all this week.

I love this! Yes, do it for you! And I've thought the exact same thing -- why do they get to have it and I don't?? I tell myself they have other battles to fight and this is mine.

I also tell myself ALL THE TIME "fat is cheap." That is what stops me from reaching for free stuff at work (donuts, candy jar stuff, birthday cake, etc.). Once I realize that for $1.00 I could go out and buy myself a piece of cake or two donuts, it takes the power away from the stuff just cuz it's free.

One more which is just a phrase that I chant sometimes "a million right decisions..." it helps me to think about a successful day being the sum of a million right decisions, instead of a few wrong ones.
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Sry...Tina, I forgot to answer your question,

I remember a saying a MFP member posted on thier profile page...

"Thou shalt not weight more than thou Refridgerator".
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    Sry...Tina, I forgot to answer your question,

I remember a saying a MFP member posted on thier profile page...

"Thou shalt not weight more than thou Refridgerator".

:laugh: I like that one. :laugh:
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    PURPLE TEAM WAKE-UP CALL! :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, though, where is everyone? We have to be the most anti-social team ever. Hehe. Good thing the show is starting soon, lots of conversational fodder!