do you really do the shred ...

Options
ymbarber
ymbarber Posts: 15 Member
every day for 30 days .. or do you do it every other? I tried doing it every day, plus my cardio and burned out.

I want to try again.

Thanks, Yvonne

Replies

• aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    I did my first round every day for the full 30 days, but changed levels about half way thru. I have been doing it only when I can't get to the gym now and bumped it up to level 3.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Ive done it every day for the last 28 days. Plan to do it tomorrow an saturday is my 30th :smile:
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    I never made it past a week :( She kicks my butt!
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    I actually started it for the frist time and just completed day 4. The first few days I thought I was going to die. I was VERY sore, and asked the same question that you are asking - everyday?!?!?!?! Really?!?!?!!

Today I woke up and I was suprised that I was not crazy sore. I was just a little but not like I have been the last three days. I was able to get a lot of feedback about this and some people take breaks and off days, but this is what some others do and what I am doing:

10 days level one
    10 days level two
    10 days level three

We shall see how it goes. I feel like I will have no issue now doing the balance of my 6 days of level 1, but moving on to level two wil be interesting.

Add me as a friend if you'd like we can compare notes
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    Ive done it every day for the last 28 days. Plan to do it tomorrow an saturday is my 30th :smile:

WOW!!! and how are you feeling?!?! More details please! :happy:
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I just started and my plan is to do it every other day. On my off days I'll be walking or biking for an hour. I guess you really don't take off a lot of weight doing the shred, which I have a lot to lose so I want to keep it up. Plus 2 times doing the shred and I am finding it difficult to walk, I'm so sore! :tongue:
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    I never made it past a week :( She kicks my butt!
    Ditto. And now the DVD has magically disappeared. We can't find it anywhere. GRR
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Good question! I have never made it past the 2nd day... mainly because I hurt too much! I'd like to get back to it though - this may be the kick I need!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options

WOW!!! and how are you feeling?!?! More details please! :happy:

Feeling amazing, first couple days of each level are rough, but push, it is only 25 minutes of each day! My energy level is amazing and there is a big difference in my strength. I havent weighed in for a week, but as of day 20 i had lost 6lbs and roughly 8 inchs. My abs are much more visable, and that saying something since i had a baby 3 months ago and my skin hasnt tightened back up yet. Its so worth it to push and do it daily. when im done im starting over!
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I done my first day of 30 day shred today. I done level one and found it pretty easy, but then this is only day one! Will see how i feel on day 7!!

Although to be totally honest i cant see how it can really help you drop a lot of weight in only a month. Recently i have been running 7 to 8k 4 nights a week and doing a spinning class and a step aerobics class during the week also. I think i will carry on doing this along with the 30 day shred every day as you definately need a mix of some high impact cardio to really burn the fat and drop the pounds.

My opinion on this may drastically change in a weeks time though when i cant walk due to too much shredding! haha!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Eurgh, this makes me feel crap. I have tried the 30 day shred twice now, and can never get past about 7 minutes. It KILLS me! It doesnt help that I have busted my knee, and the jumping jacks really hurt :(

The first time I did it, I was like I'm gonna put my all into this, and did it really vigorously, and then just burned out. The 2nd time, I calmed it right down, and did a minute extra, but still burned right out.

Gonna keep trying, but I seriously cant do the whole level.

It annoys me, as I go to the gym 5 times a week, and do 40 mins on the cross trainer. I have built this up from 30 mins, and then built up the resistance after I got used to the 40 mins.
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    HaHa I just ordered the 30 day shred yesterday... Looks like I'm in for a treat!! I love a challenge. :)
  • sehughes22
    sehughes22 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm doing it for the first time (after reading all about it on here!!) and I'm on Day 5. I started off on Level 1 but on Day 3 tried out Level 2 and I much prefer it as it works me a lot harder and I'm sweating a lot more! To be fair I've been doing a bootcamp 2 or 3 times a week for an hour a time since January and it's really similar stuff, so all the squats and push ups aren't too bad for me and I'm not aching the following day coz I've been doing them for a few months now.

I plan to do it for 30 days every morning, and carry on with my bootcamp and weekly run & horse ride like I normally do in the evenings. I'm gonna carry on with Level 2 and aim to move up a Level on day 15 (dreading it!!). Hoping it'll help me to kick start my weight loss as I've stayed the same weight for ages now....

If you are struggling at all I recommend maybe before starting it up again practice squats - maybe when you're brushing your teeth or chopping up veg - that's what I used to do and after a few weeks it really builds up your strength and hopefully you'll be able to stick with 30 DS for the full 30 days as you won't be so sore.... :happy:
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    After so many people talking about this 30 day shred, i looked in to it. now which one do i get?! lol

the 30 day shred? or the one that blasts tummy fat as this is my main area that i need to work on, as i do spinning and am currently training for my 5k Race for Life in July.

What would you recommend? thank you x
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I did it every day for 30 days straight in March. Only did additional workouts on the days when I wanted to eat more, so about once a week. ts pretty tough to start with but stick at it and you'll get there!
    I do a double session on alternate days now. I am definitely more toned as a result.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I only did it about 3 to 4 times a week, but I also used other DVD's and jogged. I lost 53 pounds in a year and toned up a lot. I can't wait until I'm allowed to start it back up again!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I done my first day of 30 day shred today. I done level one and found it pretty easy, but then this is only day one! Will see how i feel on day 7!!

Although to be totally honest i cant see how it can really help you drop a lot of weight in only a month. Recently i have been running 7 to 8k 4 nights a week and doing a spinning class and a step aerobics class during the week also. I think i will carry on doing this along with the 30 day shred every day as you definately need a mix of some high impact cardio to really burn the fat and drop the pounds.

My opinion on this may drastically change in a weeks time though when i cant walk due to too much shredding! haha!

I don't think it's supposed to make you lose much weight - the aim is to tine you up and give you good definition.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I did the 30-Day Shred in January for 30 straight days. I did hear/read somewhere Jillian say to give your muscles a rest day, though. So in retrospect, I'd probably recommend something like:

6 days Level 1
    Rest Day

4 days Level 1
    2 days level 2
    Rest Day

6 days level 2
    Rest day

2 days level 2
    4 days level 3
    Rest day

6 days level 3
    COMPLETE!

PS: I had fantastic results.
  • TheMrsBee
    Options
    ok you have all sold it to me! i'm going to order 30 Day Shred!! hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and i can get my bottom in gear! as i can do the DVD at home when i have no time for the Gym and do both when i know i am going out at the weekends etc! x
  • TheMrsBee
    Options
    How do you log 30 day shred on here? it's not on the database. do i log it individually? like jumping jacks 2 mins sit ups 2 mins etc?