Would you count??

Options
Packing boxes in your calorie burn.

It isn't something i normally do. I spent an hour today going through and repacking (and tossing!) about 12 boxes of stuff. I repacked about half, and tossed or recycled the other half. Took me nearly an hour!

I have found ranges from 166 to 286 calories burned.

Would you add it?

Replies

• Caroline9252
    Options
    Heck yeah! Calroies burned are calories burned!!!! :smile:
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just thought I would ask for a second (or third!) opinion. I hate adding when it isn't "exercise" but this is something that has me really moving!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I would add it, I did add it last week when I was moving stuff from my dorm to the storage room for the summer. Those boxes of textbooks are heavy!
  • cuerpito
    cuerpito Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good question. We are removing about 30 trees in the yard. Every Saturday and Sunday I spend up to 6 hours cutting and moving limbs, branches, raking, digging... but on the other hand, my heart rate doesn't go up that much doing that - so, really, do you burn much more comparing to other activities I wouldn't log in.

Not sure what to do, either...
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    A lot of stuff like that burns a lot more calories than we think. That's a lot of movement that uses the entire body and therefore burns a good amount of calories. I'd imagine it'd be a similar calorie burn as gardening which I believe MFP has a fitness setup for that already.
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Okay, well I just searched the net for "calories burned unpacking" and came up with a TON of sites. Took the 5 that asked for weight and averaged them to get my burn. I probably won't eat all those calories back, but its nice knowing I won't be completely under-eating.