Any BodyBuilders out there Need some Dieting Help

Options
I currently weigh 177 pounds and am looking to get up to 200 pounds of muscle. My goal is to then enter in a bodybuilding show. I am looking for someone to help me out with a diet plan or if anyone has know any webpages I can check out that could give me some assistance. Thanks!

Replies

• muskogee
    muskogee Posts: 11
    Options
    scoobyworks.com
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    www.bodybuilding.com
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    muscleandbrawn.com and muscleandstrength.com are my favorites. Bodybuilding.com is great too, but some of the kids on the message boards are brats.

It's not easy to put on that much muscle naturally. So don't get frustrated if it takes time. I still recommend a type of carb and calorie cycling even if you are trying to gain muscle. Otherwise if you just continually gorge yourself you'll gain more fat than muscle. This winter-spring I gained 17lbs, and using my bodyfat calculations it was 12lbs from lbm and 5 from fat. So I'm pretty happy with those numbers, my goal beginning in June is to drop those 5lbs while hopefully keeping all of that lean mass.

What kind of weight training are you doing? I've had my best results going heavy, and then aiming for failure between 6-9 reps. Then at the end of the workout, "burn-out" with higher reps 12-15 to get the lactic acid up, as it is a precursor to natural growth hormone.
    Get 7-8 hours of solid sleep, and avoid alcohol as it drops testosterone levels.
    Have protein as soon as you wake up, then about 20 grams pre-workout and 30-40 post workout, and a slow digesting protein just before bed.

Supplements:
    Morning and Pre-Workout- Creatine 5grams
    Post workout BCAA's and Glutamine 5grams
    Before bed- Melatonin, 3-5grams & Glutamine 5grams

All of these things help your body release growth hormone and keep you in an anabolic state.

Good luck, and hopefully we'll see you in a competition someday soon.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    just sucsribing to this thread.

Agree with Russell on the diet tips though :)
  • silentpost
    silentpost Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good tips, Russell.

Just wanted to throw out another site for those interested: simplyshredded.com

It's nice because they have interviews with fitness models and bodybuilders that provide sample workouts and diet.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I used to be in a bodybuilding a while back. NO reason why you can't add the weight you want. The calories you have to consume will be a lot... I want to be realistic on this. You can do anything in life you set your mind too. I don't know your body, I don't know how it works compared to others.

I do know this though.... You already look pretty built for your frame. Your internal organs to process all the calories you need, sometimes people's internal organs can't handle the stress. Meaning, your body may not be able to repair and build fast enough, for the increasing load. This is why people don't just keep on growing and growing, they only have so much ability within their body to support so much muscle mass, people can't go beyond that point because their body can't handle the load so they just stay there.