chocolate cake recipe?

Options
I saw a post a few days ago that said how to make a chocolate cake with yogurt and something else. Does anyone have recipe or know where it is? I really want to make it but I can't find it. thanks.

Replies

• FitMomof3
    Options
    I saw a post a few days ago that said how to make a chocolate cake with yogurt and something else. Does anyone have recipe or know where it is? I really want to make it but I can't find it. thanks.
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    Canned pumpkin!

There is a hungry girl recipe that takes a devils food cake box mix and a 15 oz can of pure pumpkin. That's it! Stir and place in muffin tin (makes 12). I forget temp and time though.

Yum, yum, yum!!!
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    thanks, that isn't the one that I had previously seen, but this one sounds even better! Thanks again.
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=614

There is the link to the recipe. Enjoy!
  • curlhair
    Options
    Here's the recipe that CristaAmy was talking about:

YUM YUM BROWNIE MUFFINS
    It may seem odd to use nothing but pumpkin and cake mix for this recipe, but it works well.

1 box (about 18 ounces) devil's food cake mix
    1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree

Mix together cake mix and pumpkin. DO NOT add anything else mentioned on the cake box, like eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick.

Spoon batter into a 12-cup muffin pan lined with baking cups or sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven about 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Makes 12 muffins.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER MUFFIN: 181 calories, 3.5 grams fat, 37 grams carbohydrate, 357 millligrams sodium, 2 grams fiber, 20 grams sugar, 2 grams protein.
  • curlhair
    Options
    woops! she already gave you the link. haha. i should read before i write!
  • Juliebean
    Options
    I replace oil with applesauce in my recipes if I want to make them low-fat. It keeps the cake moist without all the fat. Yummmm...!
  • punka274
    Options
    I replace oil with applesauce in my recipes if I want to make them low-fat. It keeps the cake moist without all the fat. Yummmm...!

Ditto! I plan on making some chocolate cup cakes tommorrow and cant wait to have one:love::bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you can also use diet pop: 1 can any flavour diet pop to one package any flavour any brand cake mix. stir together and bake as per directions on box. This cake, and the cake that uses pumpkin both taste delicious but turn out much dense and less fluffy in texture. Just so you know what to expect. :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I posted the recipe last week - it is basically what has already been posted but -

1 box devils food cake mix
    1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
    1/2 cup yogurt - fat free vanilla or plain

bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes

you must smooth out the top before baking. Enjoy!!
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    That it. thanks pmkelly. Do you have any "healthy" toppings for it? I was thinking fat free cool whip. Any other suggestions? thanks so much.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    That it. thanks pmkelly. Do you have any "healthy" toppings for it? I was thinking fat free cool whip. Any other suggestions? thanks so much.

cool whip is the best one we could come up with. The confectioners sugar just absorbed into the cake.
  • MiaBellaFaith
    MiaBellaFaith Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but try these brownies...

Double Chocolate Brownies
    Ingredients
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    4 egg whites
    1 cup sugar
    1/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
    Butter-flavored cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch non-stick cake pan with spray.

In a medium mixing bowl, using a sturdy whisk or spatula, mix the applesauce, vanilla, egg whites and sugar until they are well combined.

Add the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir the mixture until it is just combined and no lumps remain. Pour it into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the chips evenly over the top. Bake the brownies for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry (a few crumbs are okay).

Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and allow them to cool 5 minutes. Cut into 12 equal brownies. Makes 12 (1 brownie) servings.

Each brownie has: 88 calories, 2 g protein, 19 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat, less than 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 133 mg sodium

Traditional Double Chocolate Brownies have: 260 calories, 3 g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 165 mg sodium
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I think I bought the wrong type of pumpkin.. Darnit :sad: :mad: :mad: :angry:

I was going to make some of those chocolate muffins for me. Oh well I guess it will ahve to wait a little longer.

Connie
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I found a can of pumpkin in my cabinet so I baked the muffins and I was surprised . They were good. I put a little bit of cool whip as a topping and they hit the spot nicely. Thank you for that recipe. I had to make something because I was making a strawberry cake for a church function and I didnt want to dip into that.

Connie
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Here's the recipe that CristaAmy was talking about:

YUM YUM BROWNIE MUFFINS
    It may seem odd to use nothing but pumpkin and cake mix for this recipe, but it works well.

1 box (about 18 ounces) devil's food cake mix
    1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree

Mix together cake mix and pumpkin. DO NOT add anything else mentioned on the cake box, like eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick.

Spoon batter into a 12-cup muffin pan lined with baking cups or sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven about 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Makes 12 muffins.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER MUFFIN: 181 calories, 3.5 grams fat, 37 grams carbohydrate, 357 millligrams sodium, 2 grams fiber, 20 grams sugar, 2 grams protein.

These are soooooo yummy! :tongue:

I made 'em over the weekend and what a hit! everyone loved them, very moist and flavorful.
    Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I posted the recipe last week - it is basically what has already been posted but -

1 can (15 oz) pumpkin

What would be the nutrition info for the ones with the yogurt? What would be the difference if I don't add the yogurt? This sounds great!!! Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

1 can (15 oz) pumpkin

What would be the nutrition info for the ones with the yogurt? What would be the difference if I don't add the yogurt? This sounds great!!! Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

I'm not quite sure. I would enter the cake mix first, the dry ingredients nutritional info and then add the amount of yogurt you want to use. Then, just divide for serving sizes. Let us know how it turns out with the yogurt! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks....with all the talk of cake today....I want some.:cry::brokenheart:

No cake for YOU!:grumble:

:laugh:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    All I can say is OMG DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made them without the yogurt. At first I thought I had bought the wrong kind of pumpkin because I thought there was no way it was going to be enough to make a "batter". It is pretty thick. But they are so moist and delicious. My husband had two with ice cream!!! I only had one and put 1 tbsp of chocolate cool whip on top. My son enjoyed one as well. Thanks!!!! :flowerforyou: