Calories + Exercise

Options
hi guys,

was just wondering how you are all doing in relation to your calorie intake + exercise

i eat between 1200 - 1400 calories and exercise about 100-200 calories a day

how does every1 else do it?

xXx :flowerforyou:

Replies

• stargirlie
    Options
    hi guys,

was just wondering how you are all doing in relation to your calorie intake + exercise

i eat between 1200 - 1400 calories and exercise about 100-200 calories a day

how does every1 else do it?

xXx :flowerforyou:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I try to eat my 1200 calories and exercise about 300-400 calories 5 days a week. If I have occasional nibbles which don't have the nutritional information I don't worry about it. I just make sure that they're just NIBBLES, rather than plates full of stuff. It doesn't happen often, but lets me feel a little less constricted. I have gond down 2 sizes and have my first weigh in in a month and a half today. I think what I've been doing has been working pretty well for me. :)
  • willisdavis
    Options
    Fitness must be a LIFESTYLE, not a fad. Eating between 1200-1400 calories a day is too little to change your lifestyle, which leads to yo-yo dieting.

Eat 5 smaller meals a day that total around 2000 calories. Make them healthy and low in fat.

Exercise for at least 30 minutes 3-5 times a week. As you get into better shape, you will be able to burn more calories.

It might take a little longer to shed unwanted pounds, but you will keep them off long term. Think tortoise and the hare...

Just my 2 cents though...
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I eat my 1200 a day and some extras when I exersice, I have consistantly lost one to two lbs per week since November, one more lb to go until maintenance calories which is a much higher calorie intake for the day
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    1200 calories isn't yo-yo dieting. That's more than enough for a small-framed person such as myself. If I were to eat 2000 cals/day, I definitely wouldn't be losing any weight. I exercise 5x a week burning around 180 cals a pop, so on those days I eat the extra cals, but can't imagine downing 800 more calories for some mystical 2000 calories mark. I've been on this diet a month now and I've lost 1/week. That's good enough for me, I do agree with you on the "slow and steady wins the race" mindset, but everyone is different in terms of how many calories is healthy for them.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I, too, am eating 1200 calories a day with extra for exercise. Sometimes I eat the extra, sometimes I don't. I don't feel deprived, actually I feel GREAT. My LIFESTYLE change will be permanent once I have lost the weight I want to. I've lost 43 pounds since September at a rate of 1-2 pounds a week.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    Why would I not make this a lifestyle when it hasn't been hard for me and I've gained so much?

Yeah that's the most surprising part for me...it really isn't hard at all for me, its actually enjoyable :huh: Who woulda thunk?! I've been on plenty of "diets" in the past...basically they were all excuses for me to keep eating as much as I wanted while convincing myself I wasn't....but this food logging has been WONDERFUL. It really keeps me accountable for everything I eat. I eat the same healthy thing every day for lunch and I actually enjoy and look forward to it almost as much as my morning coffee....then for dinner, I get to mix it up and cook something tasty, while still keeping within my calories. And then if I want dessert, I have to exercise for it. Anyways its been great and I'm so glad I found this site :heart:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I get 1390 calories alloted per day (1 lb a week) and I exercise about 500 a day. I guess I like to eat more food than most. I'm not eating anything that people would consider "bad" - unless I plan for it.
  • webebeer
    Options
    Im also at 1200 calories a day.....I work out almost every day 20 to 25 minutes.....in 30 days only 2 days off...lost 10 so far
  • littlespoon
    Options
    Why would I not make this a lifestyle when it hasn't been hard for me and I've gained so much?

Yeah that's the most surprising part for me...it really isn't hard at all for me, its actually enjoyable :huh: Who woulda thunk?! I've been on plenty of "diets" in the past...basically they were all excuses for me to keep eating as much as I wanted while convincing myself I wasn't....but this food logging has been WONDERFUL. It really keeps me accountable for everything I eat. I eat the same healthy thing every day for lunch and I actually enjoy and look forward to it almost as much as my morning coffee....then for dinner, I get to mix it up and cook something tasty, while still keeping within my calories. And then if I want dessert, I have to exercise for it. Anyways its been great and I'm so glad I found this site :heart:

I agree completely. Now that I have changed the things I eat, I struggle to get to my 1200. This site helps me make sure that I get to the 1200 and insteading of avoiding the things that I thought I couldnt eat, I can slot them in if I want to. I was doing really well too, but in the last two weeks I have had two different viruses, which has halted my exercise regime. I was in the middle of losing a kilo (you know those two days when its not a permanent weight loss yet, and you have to do some exercise for a couple of days to make sure its definitely gone??) Also, I got engaged on the weekend, so that entailed quite a few drinks in a couple of days too!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,992 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO !!

Congrats on the engagement....oh, and the weight loss!
  • finkkm
    finkkm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm suppose to eat 1200 calories a day, but I usually eat more like 1400 and I'm full and happy... and then I exercise burning usually between 600-700 calories 5 times a week... and I've lost about a pound per week... so I've lost 15 lbs. in the past 4 months.
  • littlespoon
    Options
    WOOHOO !!

Congrats on the engagement....oh, and the weight loss!

Thank you very much. We are very excited!! :flowerforyou:
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Fitness must be a LIFESTYLE, not a fad. Eating between 1200-1400 calories a day is too little to change your lifestyle, which leads to yo-yo dieting.

Eat 5 smaller meals a day that total around 2000 calories. Make them healthy and low in fat.

Exercise for at least 30 minutes 3-5 times a week. As you get into better shape, you will be able to burn more calories.

It might take a little longer to shed unwanted pounds, but you will keep them off long term. Think tortoise and the hare...

Just my 2 cents though...

I'm a 6 foot male. If I ate 2000 calories per day, I could gain weight according to some of the tools I've used. Just my 2 cents. :wink: IMO, it would only become a yo-yo situation IF the person stopped managing thier diet after meeting thier goal. I don't see how anyone is going to be successful in the long term if they just let it all go after reaching the target. As I see it, this is only the beginning of something I'll be doing for the rest of my life, or at least as long as I care how I look and feel. But I do look forward to the day I get to up my cals to target-maintenance levels. :happy:

Anyway, I am allotted 1470 calories per day without exercise at this point (198). I'm on a 2lb per week plan, but I sometimes like to go over my cals, so I chose that rate of weight loss. (Got a real soft spot for donairs!) I exercise 7 days per week for 60 minutes (as recommended by my doctor). I also prefer to do 7 days because if not, I find for me it's harder to get at it after a day or 2 off. Those workouts are around 350 cals per day for me. That's basically what I shoot for exercise-wise.
  • stargirlie
    Options
    i was just wondering how every1 else is doing, since starting this site 3 weeks ago i have lost about
    1-2 lbs a week and am feeling better able to keep track of my calories,

:flowerforyou: