Any Advice?

TrimMyTummy
TrimMyTummy Posts: 7
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello,

well i've only been on here 3 days which is no time at all and i'm under my calories each day but havent moved a gram!

does anyone have food advice i may find useful? any tips on low calorie low carb foods?

i'd be so grateful for any suggestions :-)

Its great to see so many ppl on here doing so well!

i hope to hear from some of you -)

feel free to add me, i'd love to share mine and your journey with you :happy:

Replies

• glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    I don't weigh every day - it does my head in.

Also are you exercising? Are you eating back those calories? I experimented both ways and if I don't eat my calories back I have a bad week.
  • really, so you mean if i burn 120 calories i should really eat back the 100 calories?

i try to exercise daily, i go to Bikram Yoga 3-5 times a week which is a 90 minute yoga session in a studio of 40degrees celsius so they say you burn anywhere between 500-1000 calories per session...

see i need to change my way of thinking that its ok to eat often as long as they're small amounts of the right foods, rather than just sticking to 3 meals a day...

can the calories be made up at the end of the week? what do they suggest?
  • I agree about not weighing daily, it's too demoralizing, I started weighing weekly and then changed to fortnightly as the weight started coming off slowly ...... I only had 16lbs to lose and it's taken me since Jan to lose 13lbs , some weeks nothing came off it just plateaued , the 1st lb came off 2 weeks into joining MFP and since then it's been slow and steady , don't be in a rush to lose weight , be patient and in time it will start to fall off , good luck
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Yes! It sounds so weird and to be honest I didn't believe it at first - then I read the boards and almost every post said eat them back.

I experimented for my own body and it worked.

I add in extra fruit or if I work hard I can have bread instead of rice crackers for lunch. Sometimes I have a glass of wine with dinner. Also I am allowing myself one treat snack (which exercise lets me have), so I feel I'm not missing out as such.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    I will start out by saying that It looks like you are trying to lose a small amount of weight so you loss will be smaller than someone who has a lot of weight to lose. With that being said, not knowing about your food choices or your exercise I would not worry about no weight loss in 3 days.
    Tips:
    1) Be sure to drink the 8-10 8 oz glasses of water recommended each day. I didnt ever drink water only diet soda, now I drink the correct amount of water or maybe a little more and I only drink a soda maybe once a week.

2) track everything you eat. This way you will see where you may be having problems. Like too many calories or too much fat. Be honest and log everything the crosses your lips.

3) Watch the amount of sodium you ingest. Processed foods have a TON of hidden salt. Too much sodium will make you retain all that water you are drinking and keep you weight up. Read the labels. Stay below the 2300mcg recommended. When I started out 3 months ago I would eat maybe a ham sandwich for lunch.. each oz of ham has like 300mg of sodium, I moved to lower sodium ham then to not eating ham at all. My daily sodium intake is usually below 1500mcg.

4) Do some sort of exercise as many days of the week as you can. Some people take a day off, I don't. but I do do less exercise usually one of the days. When you exercise you get your heart rate moving upward which helps to burn calories. I started out with walking for short distances. Right now I mostly do the treadmill and zumba but I also have now incorporated strength training too.

These are just a few tips which could help you get the scale moving downward. I didnt start doing these all at the same time but just some things I have incorporated into my journey to a new me!

Friend me if you would like and good luck!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    I will start out by saying that It looks like you are trying to lose a small amount of weight so you loss will be smaller than someone who has a lot of weight to lose. With that being said, not knowing about your food choices or your exercise I would not worry about no weight loss in 3 days.
    Tips:
    1) Be sure to drink the 8-10 8 oz glasses of water recommended each day. I didnt ever drink water only diet soda, now I drink the correct amount of water or maybe a little more and I only drink a soda maybe once a week.

2) track everything you eat. This way you will see where you may be having problems. Like too many calories or too much fat. Be honest and log everything the crosses your lips.

3) Watch the amount of sodium you ingest. Processed foods have a TON of hidden salt. Too much sodium will make you retain all that water you are drinking and keep you weight up. Read the labels. Stay below the 2300mcg recommended. When I started out 3 months ago I would eat maybe a ham sandwich for lunch.. each oz of ham has like 300mg of sodium, I moved to lower sodium ham then to not eating ham at all. My daily sodium intake is usually below 1500mcg.

4) Do some sort of exercise as many days of the week as you can. Some people take a day off, I don't. but I do do less exercise usually one of the days. When you exercise you get your heart rate moving upward which helps to burn calories. I started out with walking for short distances. Right now I mostly do the treadmill and zumba but I also have now incorporated strength training too.

These are just a few tips which could help you get the scale moving downward. I didnt start doing these all at the same time but just some things I have incorporated into my journey to a new me!

Friend me if you would like and good luck!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I like your tips. And usualy follow your advices. Hope U all the best.
This discussion has been closed.