Wii Zumba & any tips

Options
Hi.

I am trying to figure out if doing 45min on Wii Zumba is the same as 45min aerobic dancing? Anyone got any suggestions as I am not sure what to track it under.
Also I do a Davina fitness DVD which is 30min Buff Cardio and then 30min Buff Boxing. Should these be logged under aerobic general? I don't want to get the wrong adjusted calorie amount for my excersise activity.

Anyone out there doing Wii Zumba too? Or the Davina DVD? I would love to know your thoughts on them! I love them both (so far) but am aware you need to keep changing routines so that your body doesn't get used to the same thing. Anyone got any other home workout suggestions?

:happy:

Replies

• Kristinemillar
    Options
    Hi,

Zumba is not the same as high impact aerobics. The calorie burn for 1 hour of Zumba is about 600. I added Zumba to my fitness database so that I had the data there..

If in doubt about the number of calories burned buy a heart rate monitor with calorie burn calculator and add the numbers in manually to your exercise log.

Zumba is fantastic. I use the wii version 3/4 times a week and have an hour long class once a week and can't get enough!!

Krissie
  • dancin_homie
    dancin_homie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have also been searching for calories burned in wii zumba! I have been doing it for quite a while now and it is my absolute favorite workout to do! Very energizing and fun. When I first began zumba I started with 20 minute intermediate routines and I would do the first one two days in a row, then the second one two times in a row and so on. Once you finish 20 min routines I bumped up to 45, and when finished with that I move to the next intensity. I do it 5 days a week and am currently moving to 20 minute expert ^.^ outside of the zumba I do general ab work and light weights for arms. Another very relaxing workout is yoga. It can be a little straining at first so if you try it be sure to take it easy at first :)

anywho, I hope that helps a little! Unfortunately I am currently doing my zumba as dance aerobics :/ good luck and keep on with zumba!
  • KJ7777
    KJ7777 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Iv just bought zumba so wondered that same.
    Iv been logging the classes as dance aerobics but only get about 380cals for that so i hav my eye out for a HRM.
    Only got round to doing a slow workout on it today so planning on having an hour or so workout tomorrow.

:)