Does anyone use Cathe videos?

Options
I am trying to find a good rotation for the Cathe videos and determine what DVDs to purchase. So far I have her Kickmax which kicks my butt. 3 days of the week I do strength training which is mostly Jari Love for now and I still use Turbo Jam occasionally for cardio and go to the gym 2X a week for a kickboxing class. I want to create an every other week rotation where I can add in more Cathe cardio and hopefully more strength training. For now, I have hand weights, medicine ball, stability ball, and resistance bands and I do not own any barbells yet but do hope to get some within the month as I notice she uses those in alot of her videos.

So do you have any recommendations for me in terms of DVDs for cardio and strength with what I currently have?

Replies

• BklynMamacita
    BklynMamacita Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find a good rotation for the Cathe videos and determine what DVDs to purchase. So far I have her Kickmax which kicks my butt. 3 days of the week I do strength training which is mostly Jari Love for now and I still use Turbo Jam occasionally for cardio and go to the gym 2X a week for a kickboxing class. I want to create an every other week rotation where I can add in more Cathe cardio and hopefully more strength training. For now, I have hand weights, medicine ball, stability ball, and resistance bands and I do not own any barbells yet but do hope to get some within the month as I notice she uses those in alot of her videos.

So do you have any recommendations for me in terms of DVDs for cardio and strength with what I currently have?
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sounds like one heck of a week!!

I suggest maybe every Sunday, take all the titles and toss them into a hat and pick out three or four and schedule those for the week. The next week do it again. It will create that "muscle confusion" to help prevent a plateu and it keeps you from getting bored. I'm actually doing that with the "On Demand" work out videos. Just kinda playing around and trying new things.

I'm in love with weight lifting and I do that at the gym 3-4 times a week and throw in the treadmill every now and then, too. I'm trying to get more cardio because I see the muscles, but they're still under a bit of fat! :grumble:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

I love Cathe! She is how I started working out at home. KickMax and MuscleMax were my first Cathe workouts. I love the plyo blast challenge in KM! If you have dumbbells, you can do most of her workouts or sub them instead of a barbell. If you're looking for a good total body workout, MuscleMax is a good one. Muscle Endurance (which comes w/ Boot Camp) is another good total body workout. If you like KM, then you would like Kick, Punch, & Crunch (which comes w/ Legs & Glutes, an awesome lower body wo).

I have most of her workouts. Now I mainly use P90X, but I still go back to her workouts for variety! You can also check out her website (theCathenation.com) for her own rotations w/ her workouts. HTH!

Jess
  • BklynMamacita
    Options
    Thanks, Jess! I have outgrown Turbo Jam so she seems to be the next step for me. I can get through all of KickMax but barely. it seems like I am going to need a step and a set of risers at least, though. She seems to use them for quite a bit based on the clips I have seen-even for the strength training.
  • punka274
    Options

I love Cathe! She is how I started working out at home. KickMax and MuscleMax were my first Cathe workouts. I love the plyo blast challenge in KM! If you have dumbbells, you can do most of her workouts or sub them instead of a barbell. If you're looking for a good total body workout, MuscleMax is a good one. Muscle Endurance (which comes w/ Boot Camp) is another good total body workout. If you like KM, then you would like Kick, Punch, & Crunch (which comes w/ Legs & Glutes, an awesome lower body wo).

I have most of her workouts. Now I mainly use P90X, but I still go back to her workouts for variety! You can also check out her website (theCathenation.com) for her own rotations w/ her workouts. HTH!

Jess

Ditto what Jess said....im also a Cathe maniac and just absolutely adore her! Check out her website! Cathe herself makes up a rotation every month for her fans! Shes da bomb!

Have you done step aerobics? Her step aerobic workouts are SO MUCH FUN! Well worth the price! so i would definately invest in a step!
  • BklynMamacita
    Options
    Thanks. I did step for years so I am familiar with it. What videos of hers do you all own?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I did step for years so I am familiar with it. What videos of hers do you all own?
    Um... most all of them! LOL If you like step, then Step Blast is a good one, or the IMAX's. (IMAX 2 is really fun!)

Jess
  • punka274
    Options

i wish i could own all of them but as of right now i own,body max2, Low impact circuit, imax2, body max, rhythmic step, all the high steps, step blast, step jump and pump....sometimes i will buy a dvd,record them on vhs then resale them agian,LOL:happy: it works except i don't get the premixes!