HOLY CRAP!!!

Options
I met a friend for lunch today at Qdoba and got a veggie burrito.
I looked it up on here when I got back... 1,170 calories!!!!:sad: :ohwell:
Guess I'm going way over my calories today. :grumble:

Replies

• Flocker
    Options
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give is this>

Before you go out, pick where you are going. Then look at the menu and find out the calories. Pick and item or 2 that you'll like and stick to those. Otherwise you're really stuck not knowing anything, and for one meal you ate what I eat in a day (1200). Yikes.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

oh wow!!! I used to love Qdoba's for lunch and then someone was telling me the taco salad was insane and now I just whimper as I smell the food pass by when others order it! :ohwell: its not worth it for me....that's nuts 1200 cals for a burrito?!!! :noway:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to Taco Bell and was trying to do it right. I ordered off of the Fresco menu and tried to calculate in my head since it was a last minute dash and I didn't get to log it in beforehand. Welllllll....I am standing there waiting for my food watching the clock tell me I am late coming back from my lunch break...they finally call my number and I grab the bag and haul booty back to work.
    Get back to my cubicle and lo and behold...wrong bag. :explode: I was so friggin hungry and I couldn't leave again so I had to eat the Gordita that someone else ordered. Which was still not too bad considering there were 2 Gorditas and 3 regular tacos in the bag.
    I should have realized the bag was heavier than it should have been but I was too distracted. :grumble:
    Then I got to thinking, somebody is really ticked off that they got my Fresco items. :frown: Oops!
  • Flocker
    Options

oh wow!!! I used to love Qdoba's for lunch and then someone was telling me the taco salad was insane and now I just whimper as I smell the food pass by when others order it! :ohwell: its not worth it for me....that's nuts 1200 cals for a burrito?!!! :noway:
    And that was without meat!!! I couldn't believe it. Guess I'll be joining in the whimpering. Soon you'll hear a faint but distinct hum of whimpers from miles away from all the people who can't afford (health-wise) to eat there anymore!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, There HAS to be something that the basic person can do to get the resturant industry to UNDERSTAND that we would LOVE to eat their food, BUT they have to cut the calories for us. More Veggies and less fat loaded stuff!
    We are stuck with the choices that they give us or eating brown bag style.
    It is MORE fun to eat out and I for one and I am sure that you all are with me. Would LOVE to have HEALTHY AND TASTY choices on the resturant Menues.
    Until they CAN get it through their heads. We will have to devide everything we eat into the size of our fist. That is it. That is what we eat. NO MORE!
    Just the size of our fist.
    --Diann...
  • simlane
    simlane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i have days like that not too often but we like takeaway as a treat and there no way a chinese or chippy tea is going to have anything less than 1100 cals in it, more like 2000 in it so i try to do as much exercise the day of the meal and the morning after, i know its not perfect but i keep the rest of the cals in balance other days so im proud to say, have your treat, even if only monthly, i mean its like never having chocolate again, just try and fit yr cals into it if you do go out to eat!!
  • simlane
    simlane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    oh and healthy options near me only include salad (meaning lettuce and carrot which i love but can get cheaper and eat at home) so if we do go out or get takeaway its always gonna be a big sin on the cals!
    why cant places just add grilled food or low cal stuff for people? even veggy things end up being high cal so you just cant win!! better to stay in i know!!
  • Flocker
    Options
    I feel your pain, There HAS to be something that the basic person can do to get the resturant industry to UNDERSTAND that we would LOVE to eat their food, BUT they have to cut the calories for us. More Veggies and less fat loaded stuff!
    We are stuck with the choices that they give us or eating brown bag style.
    It is MORE fun to eat out and I for one and I am sure that you all are with me. Would LOVE to have HEALTHY AND TASTY choices on the resturant Menues.
    Until they CAN get it through their heads. We will have to devide everything we eat into the size of our fist. That is it. That is what we eat. NO MORE!
    Just the size of our fist.
    --Diann...
    My friend and I had an idea that there should be a healthy drive-through. There just literally isn't one! Healthy people like quickie foods too, am I right???:tongue: