Help Needed

Options
Ok guys I need some advice. My son has a carnival at school tonight that starts at 5:30. We wont have time to eat before we go but all they will be serving is FRIED carnival food. (corn dogs, funnel cakes, etc.) I am planning on eating a healthy dinner afterwards but does anybody have any advice on how to keep my willpower strong during. I am so worried I am going to blow it! I so want to make a real lifestyle change this time and stop yo-yo dieting. So what do you guys do to fight those cravings when they are thrown in your face?

Thanks so much!

Amy

Replies

• Xav8tor
    Xav8tor Posts: 23
    Options
    Amy: On a little card, which I carry with me all the time is written: " Nothing tastes as good as not looking like this anymore"

I look at that card just before I eat anything, if it goes in my mouth, I read the card first.
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Chew on some minty gum! Nothing tastes yuckier than eating food with that minty taste in your mouth.
  • amy72015
    amy72015 Posts: 16
    Options
    Excellent idea!! Thanks!
  • MelLilley
    MelLilley Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm generally rubbish at this sort of thing myself, plus I'm totally knew to my fitnesspal, therefore feeling motivated, but maybe if you keep thinking, I'm going to have to enter this food on my food diary, and how many calories and fat its going to cost, it might help...the fact that you're conscious of it is a good thing...drinking lots of water before you go might help fill you up a little, or maybe take some sugarfree mints and eat one of those everytime you feel yourself weakening! (food never tasted great after a mint!) Good luck and stay strong.