Treadclimber

Options
So I have been using the nautilus treadclimber at my gym for the past week an hour/day. The calorie counter says that I have burned 1000 calories. Is this even close to accurate?

Replies

• sogrady
    Options
    So I have been using the nautilus treadclimber at my gym for the past week an hour/day. The calorie counter says that I have burned 1000 calories. Is this even close to accurate?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    it could be. I use my Polar F6 (my gift to me for 17 pounds!)

You put in your age, height, weight. Then you put on a strap around your chest that keeps track of your heart rate.

The Elliptical Machine, that until the treadclimber came along was the highest calorie burner at the gym, showed I burned about 700 calories.

I didnt believe it until I used my F6 and it said I burned 315 calories in 30 minutes. So the Elip at the gym wasnt too far off.

What was your hearrate? IF it was at 80% then chances are you burned a whole day of calories in your workout.

Any chance you can buy a HRM. Gosh, it is the best thing I have ever paid money for. My DH is going to help me with a test tonight :wink:
  • sogrady
    Options
    Well feel so good after I leave the gym but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't imagining things
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Heart rate zones are determined by age.

220 is base line
    22 your age is deducted
    198 is the absolute maximum your HR should be.

80 % of 198 = 158
    70 % of 198 =139

and so forth. I dont have the exact numbers but the there are 2 zone that matter.
    Fat burning is 70-80% I think
    and Cardio is 90%

I hope this helps in some way.