How to log exercise....

Options
Abells
Abells Posts: 756 Member
For my goals I input how I have a desk job 9-5 so i'm not moving Monday through Friday. But on thursdays and Saturdays I leave work and drive over to my next job which is bartending. I bartend for another 8 hours! I am the only bartender (no barback) so I am constantly on my feet and always restocking and carrying ice and beer and changing kegs and sometimes serving food. How do I log something like this. I actually started to build up a sweat last night working...

Replies

• brookerj
    brookerj Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I have bartended for years and I was trying to figure this out as well. I think that I can average it to be a slow walk around 2.0 mph for 8 hours with some calethstenics (sp?) for 3 hours mixed in. I figured that I do walk around a lot but it isn't consistent walking at the same pace for 8 hours and with all the lifting and moving that has to count as vigorous activity for 3 hours.....hope this is helpful!
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Another suggestion would be to purchase a heart rate monitor. Depending on what you wear to your bartending job you should be able to wear the monitor for the duration of yout shift without it being noticeable. That way you can track the exact calories burned and you can create your own exercise from the database and enter the calories burned from the reading your monitor provided.

Hope that helps!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Maybe I should get one that's a watch!
  • Cnava01
    Cnava01 Posts: 37
    Options
    I would for sure purchase a heart rate monitor for that! I would be very interested to see what the tally was since I also bartend and cook on the side of my regular 9-5. If you get one, please share your results. I recently got the Polar FT4 Heart Rate Montior because all the research I did pointed in that direction so maybe look into that specific one.

Also, there is a food prepping option in the exercise database. I think that would be more accurate than a slow walk because food prep is chopping, lifting, bending, you know all that good stuff that is similar to bartending.

Hope that helps :)