How Many Calories Do You Burn Every Week??

Options
I am averaging between 3000-3500 calories burned every week, that is exercising about 4 days a week for about an hr. or a little more each time, doing the 'Insanity' program...I was wondering if this is a good burn or should I be burning more, How many do you burn?:huh:

Replies

• JustMichelleB
    JustMichelleB Posts: 290
    Options
    You are burning roughly double what I do in a week. I burn 300-400 or so calories a day (running and doing P90X). so 3000cal/week sounds pretty high to me.
  • maggieschuck
    maggieschuck Posts: 174
    Options
    My goal is to burn about 4000 cals per week. I have been averaging 4300 per week. I do work out a lot. I exercise 5-8 hrs per week. I read some where that it takes 3000 cal burned to loose 1 lb. I do know that the Dr.'s recommend 150 mins exercise per week regardless of cal burned. I think you are going a great job.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    maggie - what type of exercising do you do?

I'm starting to wonder if I'm/my HRM is grossly underestimating my burn or if others are grossly overestimating theirs. I know it matters your size and fitness level (i'm 5'3", 134lb and pretty fit). I work out daily for an hour (as I mentioned before I run and do P90X). Even doing the Plyo workout on P90X, I burn in the mid 400s (that's my max burn for the day).
  • justcraziness
    Options
    Maybe I need to exercise more! I only burnt 2,813 this past week :grumble:
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    i usually burn anywhere from 4000-5000 cals a week...but that's when I exercise 5 days out of the week and I average 1.5hrs of workout...I am changing it up soon and doing half of that...I lose more when I exercise less and don't over train my body..but I love working out..it gives me a great feeling...I'll be focusing more on strength training and less cardio which will burn less.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I've been averaging about 1300 per week.

ETA: Actually scratch that. 1300 per week since I started. 1900 since I purchased my HRM.
  • ahfudge
    ahfudge Posts: 9
    Options
    1 lb of body fat is roughly 3,500 calories.

Adjust your burn according to your goal for fat loss.

But keep in mind that fat loss doesn't necessarily equal weight loss. You can be gaining muscle weight while losing fat weight.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I burn 3500 to 5000 calories per week in exercise.

Also tightened up my eating in the past couple weeks.

I feel great, and the weight has finally started coming off!!

Its going to be different for every one depending on their fitness level, health, and the amount of days and time they have to work out.

AhFudge, I like your comment about the weight vs fat loss. very true
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I don't know how many calories a week I should burn! I usually burn from 1,500 - 3,000 calories a week. Sometimes I barely get 1200 calories in!! Friend me if you can help!!!
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    my goal i sto lose 2lbs a week and so my kcal deficit is 1000kcals a day - with this, i am doing light exercise and will eb building this up as i lose more as i currently find it hard to move for too long

if i am eating more, then of course ill need to burn more, but im concentrating on my eating so my deficit is more than 1000kcals most days so my burn in exercise isnt too important to me at the moment
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    I burn 3500 to 5000 calories per week in exercise.

Also tightened up my eating in the past couple weeks.

I feel great, and the weight has finally started coming off!!

What are you doing for exercise? I'd love to up my burn!
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I average about 6000-7000 a week sometimes a little more.
  • heatherw1977
    Options
    Michelle, your arms are awesome!!! Very built!
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    About 6000-7000 a week, 6 days. That's doing insanity (40 mins), cycling (1h20mins) and running(40mins), dont log my walking, and I do about 2hrs of walking every day. Seems a lot but I'm 5' and 117lbs so I dont burn as many calories as other people do :grumble:
    But I do eat a lot, and thats what is stopping me from losing weigh :ohwell:
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    maggie - what type of exercising do you do?

I'm starting to wonder if I'm/my HRM is grossly underestimating my burn or if others are grossly overestimating theirs. I know it matters your size and fitness level (i'm 5'3", 134lb and pretty fit). I work out daily for an hour (as I mentioned before I run and do P90X). Even doing the Plyo workout on P90X, I burn in the mid 400s (that's my max burn for the day).

I'm like you. I burn an average of about 300 calories per day. Sometimes more, but I have to workout for more than an hour. Sometimes less.
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I'm sure 3000 - 3500 calories burned is good enough!!!!!!!!!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I burn about 2000 per week (low end)

I don't log all my exercise though. On the weekends I volunteer at an animal rescue but I only log the calories if I'm doing something particularly strenuous like mucking the donkey stalls.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I burn between 2,500-3,100/wk....with 30DS, running and yoga.
  • meribethd
    meribethd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just went and checked. Last week I burned about 3700 calories. This week so far I'm at 2700. I do different things each week--strength training (weight lifting), 30DS, Turbo Jam, running/walking, and hiking.