I need encouragement!

Rose91851
Rose91851 Posts: 3
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
I have been on the program for about 3 weeks, I find that the only way I successfully lose weight and tone up is by weighing myself every day and keeping a journal such as the one on MFP. In fact, I find it fun to balance everything and see that I'm eating right and exercising. I am 59 years of age, female, about 5'10". But I have already hit a plateau! I lost 2 lbs. since May 2, but I want to lose another 6 lbs. minimum; 10-15 lbs. maximum, and get in better shape. In fact, this week I actually am a few ounces HEAVIER than my lowest point last week. Although I know intellectually that this is probably just water and really doesn't count, as I have not cheated on my eating, it's still discouraging emotionally. We all want to see that steady downward spiral on the scale!

I'm staying within the calorie allowance; in fact, I even dropped it lower, b/c I almost always gain more calories thru exercise (I set it at around 1270 w/o exercise, although for my height and weight it should be higher). However, I am eating healthy foods, good balance of carbs, fats, proteins, fiber, and I'm not going hungry. I am exercising -- cardio and strength training -- but seeing no real drop in my measurements after 3 weeks. My clothes seem to look and feel better, though, which is odd, since my measurements appear to be the same! I do feel stronger and more flexible and I think my balance has improved.

Probably everyone will say it's too soon to see any real results, but I just need a pep talk at this point. Giving up is not an option, but I would love to see a steady drop of 1 lb. a week. I feel I'm doing everything right, so I can't understand it. Is it just too soon? Will it maybe make a jump all at once? I know that sometimes happens.
This discussion has been closed.