Let me have it!

2»

Replies

• PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Thanks! Can't even talk about the Bob Evans and fish stick day. SHAME. Lost my mind for a bit. Will try to eat more, but get scared when I see all the red. By the end of the day, all I have left is carbs and fat....already used up my fiber and protein. Can't figure out what to eat that is just carbs and fat.

I don't think going over fiber & protein is necessarily a bad thing - most of us don't get enough of those in our diet.

But for sure watch the sodium intake - I didn't look at your diary, but too much of sodium is usually a bad thing.
    I stick to a low sodium diet and find the days I do the best with weight loss are when I've kept the sodium down - If I have a bad day with sodium - I can see it in a day or two on the scale. Just my .02cents - not everyone has to watch their sodium.
    Good luck!!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    PrairieRose, thanks! I do have to watch my sodium too. The Bob Evans day I was referring to, I got their turkey sandwich (REALLY bad choice) and it had over 2800 in sodium!!! Got home and looked it up on the website and about passed out. All I could do not to run to the bathroom and throw up! Can't eat out anymore because the sodium levels are ridiculous! Ever check out the sodium levels for most of the foods from Olive Garden?? Obsene.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Reddcat - YUP - eating out is a sodium nightmare!! I've become the sodium police - LOL. Grocery shopping takes twice as long because I read the labels on everything that goes in the cart :(

The one grocery item that I was totally shocked at was the boxes of instant pudding - YIKES - as much sodium as calories per box!! My Mom thought I was crazy when I called her for a recipe for homemade pudding! She says "Why make it homemade - the instant kind is so much quicker & easier??" When I explained the sodium - she was shocked too.

Wishing you good luck on your journey to better health!
This discussion has been closed.