Today is National Bike to Work Day

Options
dothompson
dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
It was a beautiful day for me riding in today.

I try to ride in twice a week, but usually not on Friday. My trip is 16.6 miles one way.

Who else participated.

Replies

• innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have a 60 mile round trip to work taking the interstate for all but 10 miles of the trip, I'd totally be in.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I cycled to work today, but had not idea about the "National Day".
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    wish i would've known about it BEFORE getting to work :wink:

i keep telling myself i should bike to work (just under 9miles from home)....
    but i am scared as all hell of NYC drivers! make me a bike path and i'm soooo there!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I thought about it, mapped it out and them wimped out because of torrential rains. Hopefully I'll try it one of these days. Good for you.!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It's pouring down raining. I'd love to, but I wouldn't be much good afterwards! It's about 10 miles.
  • everain
    everain Posts: 5
    Options
    Can't join in unless I have a death wish. Live right off a major road that has no shoulder, no sidewalk and a load of crazy drivers. Debated doing it back when I lived in PA but riding a bike in Trenton NJ is not what I'd consider safe - fear of getting shot way too high. Our hospital even discouraged us from walking on our lunch breaks, simply not a good neighborhood.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I'm on the DL, but I try to ride every day...
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I live to far away to participate this year (70 miles round trip), but we are planning on moving back to town in the coming months....just wait till next year! :bigsmile:
  • dothompson
    Options
    I cycled to work today, but had not idea about the "National Day".

Good for you!!!
  • dothompson
    Options
    Can't join in unless I have a death wish. Live right off a major road that has no shoulder, no sidewalk and a load of crazy drivers. Debated doing it back when I lived in PA but riding a bike in Trenton NJ is not what I'd consider safe - fear of getting shot way too high. Our hospital even discouraged us from walking on our lunch breaks, simply not a good neighborhood.

Yikes, I guess it's "wear your flack jacket to work day" there everyday!
  • dothompson
    Options
    I thought about it, mapped it out and them wimped out because of torrential rains. Hopefully I'll try it one of these days. Good for you.!

That's not being whimpy it's being smart. Its dangerous enough for a bike out on the roads without poor visabilty and long breaking distances in the rain.