Please recommend & review best workout iPhone apps!

Options
I am considering a C25K iPhone app to use at the gym (I did enough outside running in the Marines, yeesh). It's between the one by Bluefin Software and the one by Benjohn Barnes.

What are other apps that have proven very useful/essential to your workouts? (other than MFP of course!)

Replies

• Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I would like to know as well!
  • WomanPower79
    Options
    Nike Training club is a free iphone app.. its amazing...
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Shape has a couple good ones (abs & butt). Theres an app called bodyfate thats pretty good. I love Nike +. 100 pushups. Theres also good apps for telling the amount of calories in restaurant items.
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I personally have a few of the Mens Health Magazine apps. they are full of workouts from weight workouts to body weight stuff to core workouts. youll need a gym for most of them, or just get creative with dummbells.
    but then again, its weights and not running, if youre looking for a decent running app, do the nike+ thing. people will say its not accurate, but if you sync it on a long run, 3-5 miles, it should do fine.
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    RunKeeper is my fav app....essential if you are doing any kind of Running. It takes a little manual work, but you can build in all the intervals to your phone. Select one, Start Activity, and away you go! You can listen to your iTunes or Pandora in the background and works like a CHARM! Check out their website too: runkeeper.com.

I also like to 200 squats & situps apps....though I haven't used them diligently lately.

One i use all the time is Nike Training Club. I work nightshift and the gym at my office isn't open during that time, so a co-worker and I just use some open space and do these workouts. You can easily get a 300 cal burn in 30 min.

Hope you enjoy!!
  • daddeeo
    daddeeo Posts: 33
    Options
    I have been using Endomondo. It is a free application for iPhone, Droid, and Blackberry. There is a paid version, but it only adds battery saving settings. That doesn't work so good because the GPS get messed up. I like it because you can set what you are going to do, then do it. It will keep track of the duration, speed, and distance of your walking, biking, running, etc. Then I just go and put it into MFP and good to go. I no longer have to guess. What is really cool is that it will show you a satellite view of your route, and where you hit the one mile, two mile, three mile etc. mark. It will also allow you to befriend people and stuff. Just make sure you change your weight on the web site or your calories will be off. Give it a try. Well worth the download IMHO.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have been using Endomondo. It is a free application for iPhone, Droid, and Blackberry. There is a paid version, but it only adds battery saving settings. That doesn't work so good because the GPS get messed up. I like it because you can set what you are going to do, then do it. It will keep track of the duration, speed, and distance of your walking, biking, running, etc. Then I just go and put it into MFP and good to go. I no longer have to guess. What is really cool is that it will show you a satellite view of your route, and where you hit the one mile, two mile, three mile etc. mark. It will also allow you to befriend people and stuff. Just make sure you change your weight on the web site or your calories will be off. Give it a try. Well worth the download IMHO.

I second Endomondo but not sure how it works on a treadmil, I love it for outdoors running though!
  • daddeeo
    daddeeo Posts: 33
    Options
    Oh yes. Probably not too good for inside stuff (won't get the GPS to work). That is kind of an important fact to mention. Thanks!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm interested in ALL kinds of workout apps. Especially one that can perhaps illustrate how to use some of the gym equipment that doesn't sport "how to" stickers. And maybe one that has good ideas for the room at 24hr Fitness where they keep the mats, bosu balls, light freeweights, stability balls, kettle balls, etc.
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I downloaded FitnessPro the other day...it's not bad. Has a few basic programs in there prebuilt, or you can build you own from their exercises list.

I workout at 24 hr too. If you ever have questions on equipment, ask one of the trainers. They are there to help and will show you how to use the equipment without hurting yourself. Maybe even help you build a little routine.
  • keegrsmom
    keegrsmom Posts: 27
    Options
    i like iWorkout Muse PRO.
  • rhonnik
    rhonnik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I know it isnt a workout app, but I use Unified Lifestyle restaurant app which lists nutritional values of restaurant foods. I eat out several times a week due to my child's sport schedule and it helps me a lot.