Help........

Options
I've been on here 4 a few weeks now and still get confused about how many calories i should eat and if i should eat back exercise cal ( as many people say u should), As on all tv programmes and advice i've had in past u should burn more than u eat .my normal allowance is 1490 a day and i usually eat around that give or take 100 but usually burn between 500 and 1000 cal a day maybe more and not sure wot net is and if net should be high or low thanx 4 any help or advice
mandy xx

Replies

• fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    MFP already has the weightloss calorie dificit built into its calorie count for you. so when you exercise you essentually "earn" extra calories to eat.

The kicker is....are you counting your food properly and are you SURE you are working off that many calries during exercise? If you are then go for it. but if not....I say eat back only a portion of them to allow for a margin of error. For each one of us it is trial and error.
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yes my food and exercise are correct.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Hi Mandy! Everyone says to eat back your exercise calories, but if you're working out that much, I have to say there's an exception.

Reasons why I'm ok with only eating part of my exercise calories back.

1. MFP seems to overestimate how many calories you've burned
    2. If you're working out that much, chances are your body is getting more efficient.
    3. I work out a lot -> 700-1500 calorie burns.
    4. No way I can eat that much extra food.

Solution:
    Eat back what you think its reasonable by eating when you're hungry.
  • mandycasey
    Options
    Thanku rebecca xx
  • mandycasey
    Options
    Thanku rebecca xx
  • Suzannabanana
    Options
    Everyone is different, I personally don't eat my exercise calories. If I do, I just maintain my weight, but I only work par-time and am not very active. If you are on your feet all day, moving around you could probably eat your exercise cals. Try it each way for a couple of weeks and compare. Good Luck!