50 pounds down... halfway there!

Options
Hi everyone! Thanks for checking out my progress pics. I am happy to say that I am 50 pounds lighter since October 2010 and look forward to losing the next 50ish pounds. I feel better and want to keep going!

It wasn't until I put these 50 pound pictures together that I can REALLY see my changes. Yes, my clothes are looser (most don't even fit), but I still wasn't seeing the big picture... until now. I feel like I've finally started to make progress so I'm hoping people will start noticing without any sort of prompting.

My husband has lost 55 pounds as well, and over the weekend we were with some family we haven't seen in a while. My aunt comes up to me and says "Wow, Chris looks great. He's lost a lot of weight"... I said "yeah, he has. Together we've lost 105 pounds!"... She literally steps back, looks me up and down, and says "Oh. You've lost weight too?"... Wow, if that's not a punch to the gut, I don't know what is. I'm trying to not let it bother me, but that comment was a really low blow. To be fair, she's not a very nice person to begin with, but a nice normal person would say "oh good for you" and move on... but not her! I wish I had had my comparison pics on hand to show her when she was so rude, but I just couldn't even think of anything to say back to her.

Anyway... that's my venting for today. On to the good stuff....

These are exactly a year apart, at the same scrapbooking convention... What a difference a year makes!
3.jpg

241polka.jpg

2412bach.jpg

241toystory.jpg

Thanks for stopping by to check out my pics! I look forward to doing another post at 75 pounds :)

Replies

• thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    you look AMAZING!!!!!!! What a HUGE difference!!! (and by the way, I have the same blue shirt that you're wearing in the top right photo. haha)
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    She's a NUT! you can def tell you've lost the weight!
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That's great progress!! Keep up the good work & good luck on the next 50 :)
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    WOW!! great work - that is an amazing difference. you look great :)
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    WOW, that's amazing!!! good job!!
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Huge difference! You two should be proud! Tell her to stick it :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Great progress, you can really see a difference! :) Keep it up!
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Your doing great well done:smile:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    You can see such a huge difference ~ Keep up the good work !
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Now she has to be blind or just plain mean... of course anyone can see the weight loss! Was she kidding? Geesh :grumble:

Kudos to you (and your hubby) for losing weight and improving your health/life. You have done an awesome job and I have faith you will continue on until you reach your final goal. You should be VERY proud of what you have done thus far. Don't let that person's rudeness steal your joy!
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    Great work! You can really see a difference! You are so inspirational. You put in a lot of hard work and it shows. I love your determination :)
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your success you have done an amazing job. You look great. Thanks for the motivation.
  • realtreegirl
    realtreegirl Posts: 101
    Options
    Wow girl that is AWESOME!! Dont let the Aunt get to you!! You are doing great and wow can you see the difference!! Keep up the good work! Cant wait to see pics when you reach your goal!!! :happy:
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    That's so awesome...inspiring, even!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    great job
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Email her those pics. So people are rude no matter what. Good for you and your husband. Congrats on both of your weight loss
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    great job, WTG!!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    you look GREAT!!!!! :)
  • kristiedavis1
    Options
    You look awesome. When people make comments always ask yourself "Is it true?" If it's not then you have to let it go and move on. Sometimes it is and you may have to deal with the issue. In your case...so not true. The loss is evident. Great job.
  • terrabrookman
    Options
    I am fairly new to this but what I have found that what is working for me is to remember that I am doing this for ME. Which means saying "Whatevs" to that comment. You said yourself that you can't fit in most of your clothes. What a fantastic feeling. Too good to let one little comment ruin it. Keep up the great work! So inspiring!!!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!