i hurt!!!

Options
ok friends! i hurt all over. insanity is really kicking my butt. im sore in places that I have never been sore. does anyone have suggestions to get rid of deep tissue pain??

Replies

• falonjohle
    falonjohle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Learn to love it :) Means you are working hard (assuming this is not injury pain of course).

Honestly, other than taking a rest-day or working something that DOESN'T hurt, I have no idea.
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    ibuprophen for the swelling and stretching.. get the muscles that are hurting moving again and they will not hurt as bad..
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    get a foam roller! they are awesome! you can buy them almost anywhere and there are some online manuals to follow of how to roll out the tissue
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Warm baths with epsom salt!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Keep working out. I don't know how the Insanity program works, but if there's a rest day scheduled, take it. If there's not, and you really feel like you are going to injure yourself if you push through the pain, take a rest day. Keep the muscles moving though. If it's your legs, take a brisk walk with a nice stretch afterward. (If you're just sore but you don't feel like you're injured, go ahead and work out if it's part of the program to do it every day.) Drink lots of water. Take a hot bath with Epsom salt in the water. And make sure to get enough sleep.

Soreness means you're using the muscles more than they're used to, and that's how you get stronger. It's not a bad thing. :)
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    OMG, i am sooooo with u!

yesterday i felt like i had a cord wrapped around my legs. ran my 3 miles, but ran them ever so slowly and my body felt like i was doing a speed run.

but the bottom line is, i love insanity, i love the way i look, i love the way i feel, and somehow i love the pain!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 10 of Insanity. I am sore all over. I actually like this feeling. I think I've gone crazy.
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Pain is weakness leaving the body. I say a hot bath with epsiom (sp) salts. Ib and keep working those muscles. Unless its pain and not muscle soreness from the workout. Go to the DR and do not continue working out.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Try not to let your muscles lock up with long periods of inactivity, keep them loose!

Also Excedrin has a Back & Body version for the pain.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    hmm... hot tub / whirlpool / hot bath, maybe? Not on a workout day, since after a workout it's better to use cold than heat, but on an off day, a soak in the hot tub might help relax aching muscles!
  • eericson51
    eericson51 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 5 (just did Pure Cardio today for the first time! Nearly Died!). My quads are so sore, I can barely walk. But I find the more I keep moving, the better it is. I work in an office, and sit at a desk all day. So I try to get up every 15-20 minutes to keep from getting too tight. I have been chugging lots of water which also helps (and gives you an excuse to get up every 20 minutes...BATHROOM BREAK!). Don't give up! DIG DEEPER! :-)
  • Hotlanta123
    Hotlanta123 Posts: 12
    Options
    I don't know what this insanity program is (and would I trust a program named insanity?...) but if you just started working out hard, or have started a different routine that works muscles that you haven't abused in a while, you're probably just getting something called DOMS, which stands for Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. When you exercise, you essentially break down muscle fibers and then you get stronger as those muscles rebuild themselves, and this is a process that happens in the days after you exercise. So your soreness is probably a good sign in that it's your body telling you you're getting stronger. Sure you can google this for more info.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Yoga!!! I do a mixed martial arts work out with guys half my age and am in a constant state of muscle soreness. I find making sure I get a protein drink (something as simple as two cups of milk) after i work out and then do a 40 minute Yoga DVD I hurt a lot less.

this is what works for me, but take all advice at the value you paid for it . :laugh: