At what rate should I be losing?

ahadj
ahadj Posts: 257 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
So since last July I've lost a little over 30 lbs, at a slow but steady rate (10 months divided by 30 = 3 lbs per month on average). I have just under 20 lbs left to lose to get to my goal weight of 128 lbs, but I'm finding it so much harder to lose the weight now that I am getting close to a healthy weight. Whereas before the weight was coming off with little exercise (gym once or twice a week), now I'm going to the gym 5 times a week, still eating the same way (mostly staying under cals, but I'll have a bad day once every two weeks or so where I go majorly over -- not on purpose, but it always ends up happening) and really having trouble losing weight. It's so frustrating! Is this normal? What (if anything) can I do to speed up my weight loss while continuing to do everything healthily?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    With the amount you have left possibly 1 lb/week at most, but once you get to the last 10 -15, you should change that to 0.5lbs/week. The less you have to lose the smaller your caloric deficit should be.
  • DiarrahW
    DiarrahW Posts: 25 Member
    Since you have lost weight and your metabolism has probably increased you may need to increase your calories to keep your metaolism pumping. If you are always under you are probably eating just enough not to gain or lose weight. It seems weird to eat more to lose weight but thats what happens when you do it the right way....:wink:
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Lower your weekly goal to around 1 pound per week until you get a little closer, then lower it to a half pound per week (once you have only bout 10 pounds to go.)
    BECAUSE:
    The more efficient your metabolism becomes, the more efficiently it acts if it isn't getting enough food to fuel your demands on your body.
This discussion has been closed.