stopped in tracks...

Options
Well yesterday after about 25 minutes on the elliptical, my back started tightening up so I slowed the pace down and took it easy, and after a few more minutes I decided to stop and take a break. I cooled down and stretched out and decided to get back on, well I wasn't able to get back going because my lower back really started to feel tight. Not to mention I started to feel a little bit shaky because I felt like I needed to eat. So I went home.

I grabbed something to eat and decided to take it easy and see what was up with my back. Well after about an hour or so my back was really tight and I was having a hard time with just sitting up. I did the heat rub and then did the ice, took Excedrin back and body and was feeling a little better by the time I went to bed. But I think I got stressed out and because of that I went and ate a bunch of animal crackers.

So now my back is tight and it hurts and I am pissed because I can't go to the gym to workout. I feel like a big blob that can't do anything. I have just been working out so hard and I have been enjoying it and really looking forward to making progress and then this happens. It's like something just keeps happening or getting in the way! ARGH! I just want it to go away!

I am tired of everything turing into a fight or challenge! Why does everything have to be this way? I want to scream!

Replies

• pecksun8
    Options
    Well yesterday after about 25 minutes on the elliptical, my back started tightening up so I slowed the pace down and took it easy, and after a few more minutes I decided to stop and take a break. I cooled down and stretched out and decided to get back on, well I wasn't able to get back going because my lower back really started to feel tight. Not to mention I started to feel a little bit shaky because I felt like I needed to eat. So I went home.

I grabbed something to eat and decided to take it easy and see what was up with my back. Well after about an hour or so my back was really tight and I was having a hard time with just sitting up. I did the heat rub and then did the ice, took Excedrin back and body and was feeling a little better by the time I went to bed. But I think I got stressed out and because of that I went and ate a bunch of animal crackers.

So now my back is tight and it hurts and I am pissed because I can't go to the gym to workout. I feel like a big blob that can't do anything. I have just been working out so hard and I have been enjoying it and really looking forward to making progress and then this happens. It's like something just keeps happening or getting in the way! ARGH! I just want it to go away!

I am tired of everything turing into a fight or challenge! Why does everything have to be this way? I want to scream!
  • 2Across
    Options
    Well, your body is certainly trying to tell you something. I've been there myself. Seems like as soon as I get going something happens.

I understand your frustrations completely.

Hope you're feeling better soon, but don't push too hard, you don't want a serious injury.

Anita
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Are you holding on to the arms or bars while doing the elliptical? Your back shouldn't hurt from this. Next time you get on it or the treadmill pull you lower belly in - this will support your back. Stand up tall as well. Hope you feel better soon.
  • pecksun8
    Options
    No, it wasn't the movement of the eliptical that hurt my back. I must have done something Wednesday while doing my free weight routine. That or I picked something up in an incorrect way and aggrivated an old injury.

I am feeling better, thank you. I have been doing the hot/cold thing on and off today and still taking back and body Excedrin. I guess I will give it to Monday.

I am sorry for letting my purple team down. I was really in it this week for a better weight loss. rrrgh.
    Alwyas something...But, but...I will get better and I will succeed!
  • pecksun8
    Options
    it was probably from swinging my big a** around for an hour at a time! lol:laugh:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    it was probably from swinging my big a** around for an hour at a time! lol:laugh:

Lol! I doubt that would do it, if anything, I've noticed its easier to swing my a** around now that I'm down 9 or 10 lbs! I hope your back continues to feel better. :happy:
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I know you said it's probably not from the elliptical, but I was having muscle spasms in my back a few years ago and was using the elliptical as my main exercise at the time. One doc told me to make sure I pedal backwards on the elliptical for as long as I pedal forwards so the muscles can balance out - you don't want one side getting stronger than the other. But I wonder why it is that runners don't have to run backwards as well in that case?
  • Canelitas
    Options
    You haven't letted us down...Just take it easy.....and when you feel ready enough start back up.

Hope you feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • pecksun8
    Options
    Thank you....and oh...my back! it's cracking! I can move it a little bit more! YEAH!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Not from swinging your a**. Funny. I have had muscle cramps in my back and if you have a trainer, let them know. My trainer stretches me at times, then sends me off to the sauna, spa or just back to work out. They can be quite helpfull in the 2 - 5 minutes and you can be back up & running.

Good luck & FEEL BETTER!