May 21 debate

Options
bkthomas2004
bkthomas2004 Posts: 130 Member
Ok, well I don't know about everyone else but I'm not really a big believer of the whole May 21st at 6pm thing. Plus I 'thought' the big bang was supposed to be Dec 2012.:explode: Buuuuut, I will have to say if something does go down I'll be sweating it out in my living room or gym.

Remember the saying the world doesn't revolve around you? Well, my weight loss wont revolve around chicken little!:laugh:

Hope everyone has a great weekend.:drinker:

Replies

• ladyphoebe
    ladyphoebe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    AMEN!! LOL. If it is meant to happen tomorrow then there it no better way to go out then workin it out!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    We've been chatting/joking about this all morning here at the office. Nice way to waste away a Friday morning!

This theory apparently came from the Bible but not sure where...

The 2012 theory is from Mayan beliefs (if memory serves)
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Ok, well I don't know about everyone else but I'm not really a big believer of the whole May 21st at 6pm thing.

Oh crap...its at 6pm....yeah um that doesn't really work for me.....how about 5....no wait 7pm is better for me...Thanks!
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    We've been talking about this for WEEKS at work. I'm not a believer so I guess I'll be here for the bbq at 7 p.m. Saturday with the devil :devil:
    For those who want to join me, it's BOB (bring your own bottle). :drinker:
  • bkthomas2004
    Options
    Ok, well I don't know about everyone else but I'm not really a big believer of the whole May 21st at 6pm thing.

Oh crap...its a 6pm....yeah um that doesn't really work for me.....how about 5....no wait 7pm is better for me...Thanks!

ROTFL! I'd prefer after nightfall.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My dad told me about some religious group saying the world was going to end tomorrow, but I've never heard of it until he told me lol. The 2012 thing is ridiculous too and shows how much the media blows things out of proportion. There isn't any kind of proof that the Mayans said the world was going to end on Dec 21st 2012, their calendar simply ended at that point which would also insinuate that the earth is going into another cycle, which it is. :)
  • bkthomas2004
    Options
    We've been talking about this for WEEKS at work. I'm not a believer so I guess I'll be here for the bbq at 7 p.m. Saturday with the devil :devil:
    For those who want to join me, it's BOB (bring your own bottle). :drinker:

Is water ok? lol
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I am a believer in God, and I think this pretty much sums it up!

Matthew 24:36-44 (New International Version)

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

So I am pretty sure that if Jesus does not even know the hour or day, some clown in California does not know either! Just my opinion of course :happy:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    :smokin: Lets do this......
  • bkthomas2004
    Options

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

So I am pretty sure that if Jesus does not even know the hour or day, some clown in California does not know either! Just my opinion of course :happy:

Yes ma'am, I am right there with you!
  • bkthomas2004
    Options
    :smokin: Lets do this......

LOL
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options

Yupp.....my thoughts on the subject...my thing...if a man can predict it...would not Jesus be able to? Yet the bible says Jesus does not know therefore...man does not know nor ever will.

BAHAHAHA...i wonder what his excuse will be..."Well um the calculations for modern pacific time need to be calculated in the Greek formate to match the hypothesis of Middle Eastern time...therefore i was correct but the time was off by a millisecond of this decade so...we should see it coming around one millisecond after the original prediction this time next year".....HAHAHA just made all that up...sounds good doesn't it ;)
  • bkthomas2004
    Options

Yupp.....my thoughts on the subject...my thing...if a man can predict it...would not Jesus be able to? Yet the bible says Jesus does not know therefore...man does not know nor ever will.

BAHAHAHA...i wonder what his excuse will be..."Well um the calculations for modern pacific time need to be calculated in the Greek formate to match the hypothesis of Middle Eastern time...therefore i was correct but the time was off by a millisecond of this decade so...we should see it coming around one millisecond after the original prediction this time next year".....HAHAHA just made all that up...sounds good doesn't it ;)

Sounds about right lol