It's not all about the scale

deeharley
deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
So, last week, I had to ride my husband's bike to work. I am NOT a cyclist, and it took me a half hour to ride and walk to work ( I had to push uphill). It was about 3 1/2 miles.

Anyway, I got there and my two co-workers and I were discussing weightloss. Both have lost about thirty pounds. After they listed their losses, I said, "I've lost twelve - and can ride a bike to work." Neither of them thinks they could do that and they both live closer to work than I do.

So, I'm pretty proud of myself. I love feeling strong and healthy - even if the numbers aren't as great as I think they should be.

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    That's an NSV if I heard one ... Not only the weight loss, but the personal fitness that you can actually boast about! Whoot!
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    I love NSVs! They're what keep me going between weigh ins! :D

Well done, you!
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Well done! Great to read things like this! Thats amazing, so proud of you and you NSV!!! This is what it's all about!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Great post! It ISN'T always about that number on the scale. Even skinny/light weight people can be incredibly out of shape. Good job!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    bravo! :flowerforyou:
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    I love that post...just today I went with my 126lb friend to Zumba and I can't even tell you how many times she stopped as my 196lb self kept on goin.... It was awesome.... :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!