Core Exercises!

Options
Hello Everyone, I am looking to start core exercises since I am near my goal weight, to try to tone and define my belly area. I am looking for some ideas on exercises that require no equiptment or minimal things that I can buy to use at home. Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I has asked almost this same question yesterday and loads of people said PLANKS, PLANKS, PLANKS. I tried them last night and wow, what a workout! So I would say Planks, Leg lifts, crunches. None of those require equipment.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I has asked almost this same question yesterday and loads of people said PLANKS, PLANKS, PLANKS. I tried them last night and wow, what a workout! So I would say Planks, Leg lifts, crunches. None of those require equipment.

I was just in the process of typing almost exactly the same thing! lol...and the great thing about planks is there are a handful of different "levels" you can do and they really build your strength. Can't do a push up now? Do planks dailing for a week or 2 and you will be able too....didn't realize pushups used your core did ya?! :)
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Check out Sraftery's thread. Lots of great tips in there...read it all.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/244751-strength-training-for-core-muscles-ideas?hl=core#posts-3234809
  • kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • emiskins
    emiskins Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Try taking a pilates class a few times - lots of great core moves!
  • tsnowridge
    tsnowridge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What are planks?