Off the wagon but no regrets

Options
Hey all

Just had an unplanned but fab meal of brushetta, filet steak and pepper sauce, 1 chocolate lava cake, .5 bottle of chianti, and 2 pints of honey beer.

On the face of it thats a bit of a disaster. Its 1100 calories over my daily target and the biggest blowout i've had in 12 days of dieting during which i've been plenty under my daily total of 1200 calories per day and lost 2.2 kg.

I thought i'd be disappointed in myself........ but i'm not. The meal was fab. I had a great night with my gf and i know im back on the diet treadmill tomorrow which includes 90 mins of soccer.

Soooo... just venting, no regrets, enjoyed the moment, and looking forward to instant noodles and water tomoz :D

stay strong!!

Rich.

Replies

• ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Whoa, whoa whoa... hold the phone. You only had half the bottle of chianti? Tsk, tsk.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Not really off the wagon. Maybe for one day, but you sound ready to climb right back up. Good for you!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Well alright no regrets it's okay to treat yourself, plus it sounds like you know how to work it off! I had a gyro and french fries for lunch no regrets here either!!
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ah totally wish I had your positive outlook, I've splurged on pizza tonight and gone way over my targets D=
    But like you say the diet will go on tomorrow... doesn't stop me from feeling guilty though!
  • MissEllie0426
    Options
    I think a fab meal with the GF is so special there can be no regret! You have to enjoy life and like they say tomorrow is another day!
  • dagoumba
    dagoumba Posts: 2
    Options
    1200 calories a day is probably dangerous and unhealthy for a male of your size. You might even be slowing your progress by eating that little. I'm going to assume that as a typo and you meant 2200
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't derail your overall goals, I say more power to you. That meal sounds great and I'm glad you enjoyed. Cheers!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hey all

Just had an unplanned but fab meal of brushetta, filet steak and pepper sauce, 1 chocolate lava cake, .5 bottle of chianti, and 2 pints of honey beer.

On the face of it thats a bit of a disaster. Its 1100 calories over my daily target and the biggest blowout i've had in 12 days of dieting during which i've been plenty under my daily total of 1200 calories per day and lost 2.2 kg.

I thought i'd be disappointed in myself........ but i'm not. The meal was fab. I had a great night with my gf and i know im back on the diet treadmill tomorrow which includes 90 mins of soccer.

Soooo... just venting, no regrets, enjoyed the moment, and looking forward to instant noodles and water tomoz :D

stay strong!!

Rich.

chaulk it up to a well deserved day and like you said back on to it tomorrow......
    Good for you!!!!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The fact that you know what you did and that you don't feel bad is a good sign. It means tommorow you will jump right back in and do great!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Hey all

stay strong!!

Rich.

Good that you aren't stressing about it. On a side note though, do you know that its not recommended that men go under 1600 cals?? If you are staying under 1200, that's not enough to fuel your body. Just thought I would throw that out there.
  • dagoumba
    dagoumba Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey all

stay strong!!

Rich.

Good that you aren't stressing about it. On a side note though, do you know that its not recommended that men go under 1600 cals?? If you are staying under 1200, that's not enough to fuel your body. Just thought I would throw that out there.

That's what I said above. It sounds to me like your metabolism is going to tumble right into starvation mode and you can say goodbye to any reasonable weight loss.
  • richy71
    richy71 Posts: 3
    Options
    thanks for the replies all. Maybe feel a bit naughty but no regrets as i said.

On the Cals, the 1200 is enough for me and my weight. Small but regular meals(except tonight) is working and no hunger pangs, tiredness, energy loss or other side effects so happy on that front. Just fancied a break.

On treating yourself , a nutrition life coach dude told me that you should aim for 18 'healthy' meals of your 21 in a week. Forgetting the calorie intake for a min i think that sounds like sensible advice. 3 small treats a week which might not be in the diet books but might just make life that bit more enjoyable/bearable. I just took all mine in one meal :D

cheers for now

Rich