Do I count it?

Options
kelika71
kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
Mowing grass!

Last year, I counted it because I was so out of shape and had no trouble going over my HR zone. This year, I haven't been counting it because I struggle to get my HR up. However, those were cooler days...not sure if that plays a role in this. That's where my question comes in.

I have MS and heat affects me differently than the normal person. It's not hot hot hot out but for me, it's a chore. This time, I really worked up a sweat (previous mows this year, I haven't broken a drop of sweat).

Setting the zone on light (108-125) and averaging about 118-120, my HRM said I burnt 319 cals for 57 min. Do I count? Do I deduct like a 100 for cushion room?

Do warmer temps truly make you burn more or is it like a false positive??

What would you do?

Replies

• welcominganewself
    Options
    I say count it, it is not part of your daily routine and it DEFINITELY burns calories. If you are worried about calories, maybe count the exercise calories, but don't eat back what you burned off.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I agree, I would count it. It's not like you're mowing the lawn every day as part of your regular "chores". Know what i mean? :)
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I know in weight watchers you would get the exercise points for mowing the lawn...I say count it! But, if you are concerned, I'd say go with what someone else said...don't eat your calories back.