Fats

Options
I've just learned in my biology class that the body's cell membranes NEED unsaturated fats. Our bodies need the molecular bonds that are in unsaturated fats, and our bodies can't make them. We can only make saturated fats.

Just an interesting note from the lecture.

The peanut butter that separates is better for us because the industry "saturates" the fat in other peanut butters that don't separate.

I just thought I'd share this.

Replies

• firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I've just learned in my biology class that the body's cell membranes NEED unsaturated fats. Our bodies need the molecular bonds that are in unsaturated fats, and our bodies can't make them. We can only make saturated fats.

Just an interesting note from the lecture.

The peanut butter that separates is better for us because the industry "saturates" the fat in other peanut butters that don't separate.

I just thought I'd share this.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Yes that's true....Remember in the 90s when everything en vogue was "low fat?" Most of those processed products in the store have a lot of saturated fats because of how they were made. At the end of the day, the best way to go is to eat whole, fresh foods. Shopping on the perimeter of the store rocks! And it gives you all the right fats!!